New! Find and book your ideal hotel on TripAdvisor — and get the lowest prices

Ranked #1 of 1 Occidental B&B and Inns
Tracy
“A Wonderful Experience!”
5 of 5 bubbles Reviewed 10 March 2012

My husband and I just celebrated our 16th wedding anniversary here. Every year we celebrate by staying in a B&B...so this review comes with someone who has stayed in over 17 different inns all over California. I am very picky before I book an inn . I read every review and look at ALL the rooms.
When I called to book I asked about the 40 dollar "reservation fee" . I have 4 kids under the age of 8...so the possibility of having to cancel due to my parents not making it to watch the kids or one of the kids getting sick was a concern to me. I intended on rebooking if this was the case...and it was told it was not a problem. I think a cancelation fee of someone who does not rebook is fair.
Also I could only afford the room on sale. Jerry and Tina were SO generous and gave us a free upgrade to the Heritage Room when we arrived. When I got in the room I was so happy. It was very clean! I always check the bed to make sure it is clean ...and everything was clean and nicely decorated. The bed is very comfortable too! The breakfast is yummy!
The setting of the redwoods and the beach is spectacular! You must try zip lining at Sonoma Canopy Tours. It was very safe and so much fun!
I am so glad we stayed here!

Room Tip: Choose the rooms separate from the main building which have a private entrance and a porch. More pr...
  • Stayed March 2012, travelled as a couple
1 Thank Valerie M
Turn Your Opinions into Points!
Turn your opinions into JPMiles
Turn your opinions into PAYBACK Points
*You can enroll in only one programme at a time to earn rewards for reviews.
JPMiles / Payback Arrow
JPMiles / PAYBACK

Traveller tips help you choose the right room.   Room tips (73)
LUTZ
5 of 5 bubbles Reviewed 5 March 2012

My husband and I spent part of our honeymoon at the Inn at Occidental. The staff was helpful and very welcoming. They gave us many great ideas of things to do in the area. Our room was immaculate and so warm and inviting. Breakfast was delicious! We will definitely be back soon!

• Stayed February 2012, travelled as a couple
San Mateo, California
5 of 5 bubbles Reviewed 27 February 2012

My husband and I were celebrating a special birthday and it was our first stay at the Inn. Wonderful hospitality, Jerry and Tina the innkeepers are very friendly and warm to all the guests. They made our special occasion very special and memorable even adding a birthday rose to our room. Also, Victoria who handled our reservations was extremely nice and professional. Everyone at the Inn makes you feel at home. We definitely will remember our January visit to the Inn and hope to return in the future.

Room Tip: The Summer Room was private and bright. It was just perfect for sharing our special occasion.
  • Stayed January 2012, travelled as a couple
Occidental, California
5 of 5 bubbles Reviewed 21 February 2012

We've stayed here several times in the rooms with private deck outside the main house. The view from the deck is wonderful. Heat is from a thermostat-controlled fireplace. The room decors are all themed and fun. It's very quiet and gracious - bathrobes, wine in the room, jetted oversized bath. The chef who cooks breakfast is wonderful. Coffee is available at 7am for those who need to wake up early. We stay here on business trips and it is very nice to decompress here after a tough day. Jerry and Tina, the innkeepers were born to do this. They are wonderful hosts. We will continue to stay here when in Occidental.

Room Tip: Check with the innkeepers if you aren't comfortable climbing a lot of stairs with your bags. So...
  • Stayed January 2012, travelled on business
Dallas, Texas
5 of 5 bubbles Reviewed 20 February 2012

The Inn at Occidental is a hidden gem. Very lovely B&B and close to the ocean as well as the wine country. Highly recommend it.

Room Tip: We stayed in the cottage. Spacious and rooms decorated in very unique styles. Excellent condition...
  • Stayed February 2012, travelled with family
    • 5 of 5 bubbles
Also consider these accommodations in or near Occidental
0.2 km away
10.1 km away
Valley Ford Hotel
Valley Ford Hotel
#1 of 1 in Valley Ford

Been to Inn at Occidental? Share your experiences!

Turn Your Opinions into Points!
Turn your opinions into JPMiles
Turn your opinions into PAYBACK Points
*You can enroll in only one programme at a time to earn rewards for reviews.
JPMiles / PAYBACK