My husband and I just celebrated our 16th wedding anniversary here. Every year we celebrate by staying in a B&B...so this review comes with someone who has stayed in over 17 different inns all over California. I am very picky before I book an inn . I read every review and look at ALL the rooms.
When I called to book I asked about the 40 dollar "reservation fee" . I have 4 kids under the age of 8...so the possibility of having to cancel due to my parents not making it to watch the kids or one of the kids getting sick was a concern to me. I intended on rebooking if this was the case...and it was told it was not a problem. I think a cancelation fee of someone who does not rebook is fair.
Also I could only afford the room on sale. Jerry and Tina were SO generous and gave us a free upgrade to the Heritage Room when we arrived. When I got in the room I was so happy. It was very clean! I always check the bed to make sure it is clean ...and everything was clean and nicely decorated. The bed is very comfortable too! The breakfast is yummy!
The setting of the redwoods and the beach is spectacular! You must try zip lining at Sonoma Canopy Tours. It was very safe and so much fun!
I am so glad we stayed here!
- Official Description (provided by the hotel):
- Secluded beneath towering redwoods in the village of Occidental, the Inn is centrally located to the spectacular vineyards and orchards of Sonoma wine country, the stunning beaches and cliffs of the Pacific Coast, and the delightul, meandering Russian River. The Inn is a perifect spot for a romantic getaway or special occasion. ... more less
- Reservation Options:
- TripAdvisor is proud to partner with Hotels.com, Booking.com, Expedia and Agoda so you can book your Inn at Occidental reservations with confidence. We help millions of travellers each month to find the perfect hotel for both holiday and business trips, always with the best discounts and special offers.
- Also Known As:
- Inn At Occidental Hotel Occidental
- Inn At Occidental CA - Sonoma County