“Hummus and lamb..yea”
Review of Ba-Bite

Ba-Bite
Ranked #111 of 1,368 Restaurants in Oakland
Reviewed 8 January 2017 via mobile

We did to go so can't say anything about the service. The hummus is the bomb. The lamb is excellent, however the kebabs were a bit tough and not very tasty. Also tried the squash and the wraps. I cant speak for the wraps as I don't like cucumber, my kids said they were ok. They have some pomegranate fizzy drink that's good. It is kinda pricey but everything in the area is.

Reviewed 7 September 2016

Really lovely to walk into a business and be greeted by someone polite and cheerful. Really great to be able to enjoy tasty and unique food at incredibly reasonable prices. I felt like I was back in the '80's.It was that affordable. After placing our orders the food came hot and in a reasonable amount of time. We 3 had different meals and sampled each others. Everything from the eggplant, falafel, and lamb were thoughtfully flavored and good to the last morsel.
This is an establishment where you place your order at the counter and and are given a number.Your food is served. Tables and chairs as well as bar like seating is available in a bright and clean atmosphere. This is a great place for dinner before the movies.

Reviewed 25 August 2016

I had hear great things, but I was disappointed by the menu, service,m and the nickling and diming. It was OK, not great. I wanted something simple, and had to get three dishes to comprise a meal --

Reviewed 4 July 2016

In an area of the world with a decided lack of good Middel Eastern food, Ba Bite is a welcome discovery. Recommended to me by an Israeli friend, I have no made a few trips here for lunch, and enjoyed each and every one. I am a sucker for good hummus and babaganoush, and both are excellent here. The pita are not as soft and chewy as some I have had -- notably at the no-closed Amba -- but still better than most of what one finds in local restaurants. Excellent falafal, good salads...just a treat. I intend on going back in the near future to continue my tour of the menu.

Reviewed 2 July 2016

We were directed here by our Air BnB hosts and were not disappointed!!! The food is great with all sorts of interesting flavors, plentiful and very inexpensive too. We ordered the Majadera Kabob ($16), an order of lamb kabob ($7) and a large squash salad ($9). Everything was delicious, and the squash salad was huge and full of interesting flavors....if we lived in the area, we'd be back to try their whole menu!!