“A Little Below "Average"” 2 of 5 bubbles
Review of Quality Inn Oakland

Quality Inn Oakland
Ranked #29 of 49 Hotels in Oakland
Northern California
“A Little Below "Average"”
2 of 5 bubbles Reviewed 15 April 2012

Room prices in the Oakland Airport area have gone up over the past year, so we thought we'd try the "recently renovated" Quality Inn on the East side of the 880 freeway. The reviews were pretty good, but personal experience wasn't so great. We had a majorly loud argument over money between men outside our door in the middle of the night which we feared would result in gunshots--but fortunately didn't. The room was pretty clean, but worn looking, and the television was old and had a very poor picture. The breakfast buffet was just OK. We left our car there for 5 days, and worried about it the whole time we were gone. We're used to a better, more secure situation, and won't be back.

• Stayed April 2012, travelled as a couple
    • 2 of 5 bubbles
2 Thank Wally S
young101, Manager at Quality Inn Oakland, responded to this review, 25 April 2012
Dear Guest, We appreciate your time in sharing your thoughts. Based on your feedback are constantly working to improve our performance. We at Quality Inn, pride ourselves in providing a safe, clean and affordable accommodation to our entire guests. It is unfortunate that someone was arguing in front of your room, but occurrences of such nature are not a common phenomenon at our hotel. We always ensure guest is safe and comfortable at all times. We look forward to your next visit and thank you for patronage.
Turn Your Opinions into Points!
Turn your opinions into JPMiles
Turn your opinions into PAYBACK Points
*You can enroll in only one programme at a time to earn rewards for reviews.
JPMiles / Payback Arrow
JPMiles / PAYBACK

Traveller tips help you choose the right room.   Room tips (36)
  • Chinese (Traditional) first
Merced, California
4 of 5 bubbles Reviewed 21 March 2012

The room was quite clean unlike my last stay in Oakland. My only issue was a difficulty in finding adequate parking near my room. I really disliked their parking situation.

The furnishings in the room had a little wear and tear and the bathtub was plastic but I would stay here again when visiting.

• Stayed March 2012, travelled as a couple
1 Thank Jarrod V
Ukiah, California, United States
2 of 5 bubbles Reviewed 20 March 2012

I have stayed at the Quality Inn in Oakland 3 times and all three times had a horrible night's sleep. The maids are up throughout the night cleaning (i'm guessing) loudly! At one point I was awoken to the sound of them watering the dirt. This last time we stayed we were close to the elevator which the staff use to move the laundry from floor to floor and about every 10 minutes or so I would wake up to a loud bang sound. The elevator doors, I think. This started roughly around FOUR IN THE MORNING. I will never stay there again. When I let the front desk lady know that it's happened all three times I've been there she just asked if I had complained about it the other two times I stayed... and that was it. I'm surprised there are not more people on here complaining about the noise. If you sleep heavy, then maybe you'll be ok staying here, otherwise, i wouldn't recommend it to anyone.

Room Tip: Second floor and higher you may have a better chance of it being quieter. On the ground you will be...
  • Stayed March 2012, travelled as a couple
    • 1 of 5 bubbles
    • 1 of 5 bubbles
Point Reyes Station, California
5 of 5 bubbles Reviewed 28 February 2012

Clean, comfortable, close to the airport, safe and shockingly quiet.
I judge how clean a hotel room is by how it look when you take a bath. Many rooms look good, until you look from down low. My room (#112) was clean. Not just clean, take a bath clean.
Sheets were comfortable and the room was quiet.
Was it fancy? Heck no. Still the room had everything I could want and a little more. Great (free) WiFi, coffee maker, microwave, even room service. Where do you get all that for this price?
Plus, the check in staff (Laura) was friendly and helpful.
I'll be staying here for all my future trips.

• Stayed February 2012, travelled on business
3 Thank CoastalBadger
California
3 of 5 bubbles Reviewed 28 February 2012

I go to the bay area for business and pleasure frequently. Lately I've been staying here. It is very close to the highway (but go don't get the noise) rooms are clean, they are pet friendly (for a fee) and staff have always been courteous, every time I have requested an early check-in they have been able to accomodate.

There is little to do around, and overall the area is not the best, but for a low price hotel, it is a convenient place to spend the night.

• Stayed February 2012, travelled on business