“Lucious Avocado”

Ranked #31 of 49 Hotels in Oakland
Mount Shasta, California
“Lucious Avocado”
Reviewed 10 February 2012

This Hotel already has rave reviews and no doubt each person who has reviewed is right on. The location is near the Oakland Coliseum and surrounded by blooming azaleas as well as vines and shrubs. Great energy here because of the employees who keep the place up. The ladies were playing with my dog yesterday when she walked away from me. Everyone behind the scenes has a great smile on their face. The lady who ran the breakfast was obviously loving what she was doing...Please remember to tip those people!!! I use to work in a hotel and realize how hard they work or play, but most people won't tip.

I decided to extend my stay here for a few more days so I can paint and enjoy this lovely part of California. My room is sweet and the bed is very comfortable. Plenty of coffee and the towels are sculptured! Everything was clean when I walked in!

Honestly, this hotel's price was no more than the Motel 6 up the street! It was a step up the ladder and makes me feel as if I am "home"....very embracing like it was when my mother was around.,..that kind of feeling.

Thank you Quality Inn!

Room Tip: There is a refrigerator but no microwave in my room.
  • Stayed February 2012, travelled solo
2 Thank amanda c
young101, Manager at Quality Inn Oakland, responded to this review, 11 February 2012
Thank you very much for taking time to write your experience. Because of your hospitality back ground reading thru your review gave me goose bumps all over. We are grateful that you made the choice to stay with us! We will continue to make every guest settled-in and make this place a home away from home. Thanks again.
Turn Your Opinions into Points!
Turn your opinions into JPMiles
Turn your opinions into PAYBACK Points
*You can enroll in only one programme at a time to earn rewards for reviews.
JPMiles / Payback Arrow
JPMiles / PAYBACK

Traveller tips help you choose the right room.   Room tips (37)
  • Chinese (Traditional) first
Alexandria, Virginia
Reviewed 9 February 2012

Close to the airport with shuttle service. Rooms clean with nice amenities and good shower. Decor is on the plain side, but for a reasonable price you can adjust to a regular TV and unit air conditioning. A hot breakfast is served and room menus are available for delivery service for lunch/dinner for meals ranging from pizza to good selections of light fare and full entrees. It is located close to the city so sights and restaurants are only a short cab ride away. A good selection for a short stay.

• Stayed February 2012, travelled solo
2 Thank ejackman
Thank you very much for your staying with us. All of us at Quality Inn look forward to your next visit.
Las Vegas, Nevada
Reviewed 2 February 2012

I stayed elsewhere during a recent weekend visit to Napa Valley and San Francisco, but stayed here my last night to fly out of Oakland International Airport the next morning. The room was very clean, nicely stocked with coffee/tea, and contained an ample amount of super clean towels. I slept comfortably and took the complimentary shuttle to the airport (first run starts at 4 a.m.). Given the low rate through Hotles.com, I was worried that the place might be a dump. I was pleasantly surprised and you will be, too.

• Stayed January 2012, travelled solo
3 Thank FCCLV
young101, Manager at Quality Inn Oakland, responded to this review, 3 February 2012
Our staff is truly humbled by your experience. We greatly appreciate guest feedback. Majority of our staff has been taking care of our guests for a long time, some of them over a decade! They honor the trust and expectations of each and every guest. We look forward to your next visit! Thank you very much indeed for taking the time to write.
Las Vegas, Nevada
Reviewed 21 January 2012

I really liked the hotel itself, the staff was fun and helpful and the rooms were really nice. I was happy that there were places to eat within walking distance. We were able to use the wifi without having any problems and the room even had basic cable channels. we stayed on the second floor and had no problems with noise at all.

• Stayed January 2012, travelled on business
2 Thank nicole s
Reviewed 16 December 2011

Stayed for Chicago vs Raider game and truly enjoyed my stay. Staff was extremely helpful and location was convenient to the stadium, Me and the wife wasted no breath walking there. This was one of the best places I've stayed for the price that I paid.

• Stayed November 2011