“Usually EXCELLENT! ...However...”

Executive Inn & Suites
Ranked #2 of 49 Hotels in Oakland
GreenLeadersSilver level
Reviewed 10 February 2012

I am a repeat-visitor of this location for work. For most of my time here, I've experience great service, a clean room, excellent breakfast, and most importantly a friendly & professional demeanor from the staff (which really creates the EXCELLENCE in this place to begin with). I regret to mention how disappointed I was during my visit recently. This disappointment was with an interaction I had from two apparently-long-standing employees at this place. The first is Miguel - a supposed supervisor there!? But before passing judgement on this guy, please allow me to explain: During breakfast, I noticed a guest(whom I have no ties or connections with) a bit troubled over the diminishing spread of breakfast. She approached Miguel with a question about whether the remaining food on the spread was all that was left. She was not mean about asking him. In fact, she had a smile on her face and was quite pleasant to Miguel. To my surprise, Miguel's demeanor was the exact opposite and downright rude. I overheard Miguel say(with a rude and arrogant tone), "Well, yeah. That's all we have. Go look for yourself." I WAS SHOCKED! So shocked I thought, "Wow - this guy must be new here!" After Miguel left the guest fending for herself to figure things out, I felt so bad that I made a comment to her, "Perhaps that guy may have needed more training before interacting with guests." She agreed and smiled but was clearly bothered by what just happened. I decided to then approach another staff member - the person who usually prepares the breakfast. I did not get her name. She seemed to also exude a sense of arrogance at my concern. OK, this was enough for me. These two were making this place look bad. AND I LOVE THIS PLACE! At the end of my trip I approached the desk to check out(hoping not to deal with Miguel). Well, Miguel happened to be available. He still had the same arrogance he presented to the earlier guest. His tone and demeanor makes all the difference in how he presents himself. Honestly, it seemed as if he was extremely bothered by any guests who had any questions for him. He was rude, arrogant, snooty, and presented a demeanor as if the job he had was below him. It simply was not a professional approach he was taking. Certainly far from being friendly. To the General Managers that see this review - please give the guy a chance to get re-trained. I'm sure his years of service there means a great deal. Just make it clear to him that inspite of all the great reviews this hotel may receive it takes only ONE PERSON to damage its reputation. He is not helping their situation. I have to say, all the other employees I've encountered here are absolutely excellent at what they do! This is all.

• Stayed: February 2012, travelled on business
1  Thank Bojarelli
Turn Your Opinions into Points!
Turn your opinions into JPMiles
Turn your opinions into PAYBACK Points
*You can enroll in only one programme at a time to earn rewards for reviews.
There are newer reviews for Executive Inn & Suites

Reviewed 10 February 2012

Great staff and convenient shuttle service throughout Oakland. Hotel was clean and affordable. If you need a ride to Airport, ask for Doris.

• Stayed: February 2012, travelled on business
Reviewed 27 January 2012

I came in from Las Vegas and on arriving at the hotel, the staffs make me feel at home. First the lady who came to pick me up at the airport was nice and very proffesional. I think her name is Doris. The services at the hotel was excellent.

Room Tip: Room is big and quiet.
  • Stayed: January 2012, travelled solo
Reviewed 26 January 2012

After a late arrival I had to discover that my reservation was actually for the following day. Friendly receptionist Kelly Khamorn did her best and was able to get me a decent room at no extra costs. Rooms are clean and fully equiped. If you are sensitve to noise you should ask for a room facing thwater, away from the freeway.

• Stayed: January 2012, travelled on business
1  Thank Jochen W
Reviewed 25 January 2012

Wasn't there long, but it was simple and had everything I needed with an impressively complete breakfast. The front desk (Doris) shuttled me to my interview herself because the other shuttle had left without me. Very good service.

Stayed: January 2012, travelled on business