“Late lunch at Kansai”

Ranked #196 of 1,425 Restaurants in Oakland
Price range: US$ 10 - US$ 50
Cuisines: Japanese
Reviewed 21 April 2014

We stopped in Kansai as lunch time was trailing off. We had tempura, prawns for me, mixed vegetables for my daughter. All very quite crisp, fresh, large and portions, copious. The seaweed salad we shared was large enough for two and very good. Service was efficient and friendly. The decor was modest and unpretentious. I would return anytime.

Reviewed 4 November 2013

I would come hear to eat great sushi and watch all the football and sports (displayed on their big screen) that I didn't get at home.

Reviewed 7 October 2012

This is the place to be for rolls. They have an endless variety and all are very good. We tried a large selection just to be sure. So to is the other fare. Their sushi is great, the noodle dishes are better than anywhere I tried before and their collection of sake is outstanding. Service is fast and friendly.

We visited on a Saturday night around 7P and the ambience was great. The place has a warning about car break-ins and the neighborhood is somewhat run down (but it appears to be improving) but they do provide a fenced-off car park.

Highly recommended.

Reviewed 12 January 2012

I love the food and the environment. I always value you a place where staff value the customer.

Reviewed 2 January 2012

I have eaten here several times!!...Good Service, Excellent Food!!...Enjoy!!