“Stayed a week and wish I could stay more!”

Homewood Suites by Hilton Oakland-Waterfront
Ranked #8 of 49 Hotels in Oakland
GreenLeadersSilver level
Reviewed 13 July 2012

My Fiance and I are from Arizona, we came up to the bay area looking for housing and needed a room for a week. When we found Homewood had free breakfast and weekday dinners, we immediately wanted to stay there. Although there were times when we went out for lunch and sometimes dinner too, we Never missed breakfast! Free coffee, and so many choices for breakfast treats made my mornings delightful. I work from 6am to about 2pm every day so I was up and ready every morning! Our suite had a kitchenette in it which made lunch really simple since we bought a bunch of quickie canned foods and some mac'n'cheese to keep it cheap and snack foods between meals. The bed was amazingly comfy and the TV swiveled so we could watch some of our favorite shows while loafing around in bed. The shower stayed warm for what seemed like hours! the room was very spacious. I didn't feel like I was sleeping with one foot in the sink and the other in the toilet! I loved that even though I knew there were kids on the same floor, once I closed my door, I heard nothing! not even housekeeping. Every staff member was just delightful and in turn, every guest was really polite and sweet. No matter what I requested, the staff was really accommodating, if I need somewhere to stay on the next trip up here (provided we find no house) I will OF COURSE choose this hotel again in a heartbeat :)

Room Tip: if you enjoy a quiet room request one with a bayfront view. otherwise, you will be facing the Highwa...
  • Stayed: July 2012, travelled on business
Turn Your Opinions into Points!
Turn your opinions into JPMiles
Turn your opinions into PAYBACK Points
*You can enroll in only one programme at a time to earn rewards for reviews.

Reviewed 23 June 2012

A team of us stayed at this hotel recently. Breakfast and dinner were great. Suites are fantastic but if you are not on the water side, you have a freeway and train yard...awful...loud...miserable. The manager offiered to comp me for p;oor treatment at reception because of the accommodations...but did not follow through not good. Other than the two negative experiences all was well...I will stay in another Homewood but never this one...

Room Tip: Waterfront or walk out the door and find another hotel.
  • Stayed: June 2012, travelled on business
1  Thank donnademar
Reviewed 23 June 2012

Where to start! The rooms were amazing!! Very clean and spacious. The staff was super friendly and accommodating! The food was great! I'll be back soon! :)

Stayed: May 2012, travelled with family
Reviewed 21 June 2012

My husband and I stayed at this Homewood Suites while visiting the San Francisco area. We could not obtain a Hilton property in the San Francisco area so we chose this one in Oakland.
The staff at this hotel is wonderful. They try to make your stay as pleasant as they can. The hotel is very clean. This is an older property and the rooms are slightly smaller than the other Homewood Suites that we have stayed in. There is no ceiling fan in the bedroom. The hotel has one side facing a busy freeway and train tracks. The other side, faces the waterfront. We stayed on the side facing the freeway and we did hear road noise all night and a few trains in the morning.We had requested a room facing away from the tracks but the hotel was sold out that night and they could not honor our request. The breakfast in the morning was nice and was very well stocked. The area around the hotel is pretty isolated and maybe one restaurant nearby. We were a little concerned about parking our car in the parking lot because it is adjacent to the freeway, but we encountered no problems.

Room Tip: Try to obtain a room that is not facing the freeway and train tracks.
  • Stayed: June 2012, travelled as a couple
Reviewed 17 June 2012

The hotel was great with friendly staff and amazing service. The lobby was clean and nicely designed and the front desk was so very helpful and made checking in and getting to my room an enjoyable experience. The rooms were well kept and very comfortable with an amazingly beautiful waterfront view. The two bedroom suite that I was in was fully equipped with a kitchen,three flat screen tvs, and a parlor. This hotel and it's staff (especially the front desk) were wonderful and by far exceeded my expectations.I would stay here again in a heart beat.

• Stayed: May 2012, travelled solo
2  Thank Michael R
Management response:Responded 22 June 2012

Mr. Rodgers, WOW great review and description of what our future guest can expect to get at our hotel. Thanks for all the great info you added to the review. We hope to be able to serve you again.