“2nd try just as bad”

Dining options: After-hours, Breakfast, Reservations
Dining style: Casual Elegant
Cross street: Embarcadero W
Reviewed 27 May 2017 via mobile

We started with some cocktails and there was no other word for them other than bad. I'm not sure where the bartender learned to make drinks but hopefully he didn't pay for it. We had a couple appetizers that were good (ceviche and empanadas) but then had the leg of lamb and brussel sprouts. I felt the lamb was way over cooked and the sprouts swimming in sauce. Fortunately I was with amazing company which made it tolerable but we still only managed to eat 1/2 of it and certainly didn't want the rest to go. It was my second time here and the first was just ok so I thought I'd give them another chance. I was wrong. I won't return.

1  Thank allaboutwandering

Reviewed 25 May 2017

This is a wonderful restaurant to sit outside and see the water. Even better is their food!
They do a twist on the food and it's from several cuisines. The service is good and it's enjoyable for lunch and for dinner.

Reviewed 24 May 2017

The service was first class and the food was excellent, the location is perfect and away from the main town in a more relaxed environment by the harbour.
i would highly recommend going!

Reviewed 17 May 2017 via mobile

Bocanova Is an excellent restaurant. It has an extensive menu that changes monthly. It is interesting and unique and experimental, bringing foods from all over South America. The indoor dining is great at night. The outdoor seating is gorgeous during the day and faces the bay. Wine selection is great food presentation is impressive. Great place to meet friends and have a long involved meal

Reviewed 17 May 2017

Gave this spot a shot on the way back from a Giants game. Should have guessed sizzle no longer matched the steak when we walked into an almost empty restaurant and the hostess insisted on seating us next to the only other customers ... but we pressed on to try the touted South American - California fusion cuisine. Hmm. Polenta appetizers, good but small -- crispy on outside nicely moist on inside. Empanadas truly tasteless, doughy crust, and cool verging on cold. Salads mediocre. Wine was drinkable, but nothing more. Revolving batch of waiters/buspersons (?) served our table, but after three separate promises of bread nary a crust appeared. And for this there was automatic tip of 20% imposed ... No, no, no. For $100+ for two with appetizers only and one glass of wine apiece there are many better options, even in Jack London Square ...