“Dinner with bro before flying off to Maui.”
Review of Pican - CLOSED

Pican
Price range: US$ 40 - US$ 50
Cuisines: American, Contemporary
Good for: Business meetings, Romantic, Groups, Bar Scene, Special Occasion Dining
Dining options: Breakfast, Dinner, After-hours, Lunch, Reservations
Dining style: Casual Elegant
Cross street: Grand Avenue
Transit: 19th Street BART, Oakland
Reviewed 25 May 2017

Had to overnight in Oakland for an early morning flight the next day to Maui. Asked an associate who lives in Oakland area for recommendation and he suggested Pican. Food was outstanding in flavors and presentation. Nice atmosphere and seemed to be a popular spot for locals.

Reviewed 13 May 2017

Six of us had dinner last night. The restaurant is lovely. We were able to talk to each other in a normal tone of voice even though the restaurant was crowded. The Southern food was wonderful. I had short ribs with grits--best I've ever had. All of us loved our food: chow chow pot stickers, beet salad, etouffee, jambalaya, and salmon. Cocktails were very good and served beautifully. Our waitress was efficient and charming. A wonderful evening out. It's not easy to have six people unanimously love a dinner!

1  Thank vackar16
Reviewed 3 May 2017

The restaurant décor is very nice. It took the waitress 15 minutes before she showed up. The corned beef hash was salty, and I like salty food. I also ordered a Creole Bloody Mary which was OK, I've had better. I think they skimped on the Vodka. Others in our party had pancakes, fried chicken, fried green tomatoes, French toast and Beignets which were all good.

Reviewed 28 April 2017

Easy to find location with plenty of parking nearby. Classy decor, not too crowded especially Bar area!
Great food with something to please everybody. Great Corn bread, fish and meat dishes!
Best waitress in Oakland!

2  Thank EuForia_01
Reviewed 27 April 2017

The food was good, I cook soul food so of course I am a "snob" about most things but overall the food is pretty good. The greens are DELICIOUS and the cornbread is yummy too with that amazing butter. Our waitress was okay, took a little prodding to get her to be a little more sociable but okay. Went for a semi-late lunch and it wasn't super busy and everything came out in a timely manner.

2  Thank Monie_Lov3