Holiday Inn Hotel & Suites Oakland Airport
US$ 185
US$ 145
Savings alert! 42% below average rates

The price you found is 42% lower than this hotel's average rate of US$ 252/night.

US$ 154
US$ 134
ClarionHotels
  • Restaurant
Savings alert! 22% below average rates

The price you found is 22% lower than this hotel's average rate of US$ 171/night.

US$ 181
Savings alert! 31% below average rates

The price you found is 31% lower than this hotel's average rate of US$ 263/night.

US$ 183
Savings alert! 19% below average rates

The price you found is 19% lower than this hotel's average rate of US$ 225/night.

US$ 297
US$ 182
US$ 301
US$ 119
Waterfront Hotel
Savings alert! 42% below average rates

The price you found is 42% lower than this hotel's average rate of US$ 206/night.

US$ 241
Savings alert! 12% below average rates

The price you found is 12% lower than this hotel's average rate of US$ 273/night.

US$ 148
US$ 141
Holiday Inn Express Hotel & Suites(Oakland)(Great Value!)
US$ 116
  • Breakfast included
Savings alert! 27% below average rates

The price you found is 27% lower than this hotel's average rate of US$ 158/night.

US$ 158
Savings alert! 29% below average rates

The price you found is 29% lower than this hotel's average rate of US$ 222/night.

All reviewsoakland airportsports barnext morningfront desk staffon demandwalls are a bit thinking sizethe rental car centerfree shuttlebart stationsporting eventsnice sizeshuttle servicewould stay here againfree breakfastdecent breakfasthotel is clean
Reviewed 18 January 2012

This is a Holiday Inn, so of course it's not a "five star" hotel. BUT! what wonderful service, etc.

We were planning to fly out of the Oakland airport before dawn the next morning, so returned our car to the airport the evening before. Holiday Inn came to the RENTAL CAR center in five minutes flat and brought us straight to the hotel - van driver was pleasant, courteous and helpful. In the morning, we got an "on demand" shuttle a 4:30 a.m., and it was right there on the spot. Again, helpful and courteous.

In addition: the double-bedded rooms have TWO KING SIZE beds! Who ever heard of such a thing?! Very nice indeed.

Lastly, there's a sports bar/restaurant downstairs. Not high end, but no fewer than six beers on tap including microbrews. Food acceptable if not gourmet.

Only down side: thin walls. Neighbor was watching TV and talking in a normal tone of voice, and we could hear him.

For the price, you can't beat the value!

• Stayed: January 2012, travelled with family
1  Thank LisaJCapeCod
Reviewed 17 January 2012

You'd think that it being close to the airport, that this hotel is noisy and not a good location for a hotel. However, it is very quiet, even outside, and its right near the entrance of airport and also close to the freeway. I had a very comfortable stay and the breakfast was better than other hotels.

Room Tip: Choose the King feature room.. Its roomy and has the feel of a suite without the hefty pricetag..
  • Stayed: January 2012, travelled on business
Reviewed 10 January 2012

My husband and I purchased a 'Park,Stay and Go' package which included breakfast and parking for 7 days. Check in was flawless and the clerk confirmed my Priority Club number and the package. She said to take advantage of the 'happy hour' and 'free breakfast' at the Diamond Grille and directed me to the location in the hotel. She gave me a initialed yellow slip and told me to give it to our server in the morning before ordering and $20 would be deducted from our breakfast total. I had requested a quiet room on a higher floor because we had a very early flight the next morning. Unfortunately (1), we were assigned a room just adjacent to the elevator and directly next to the vending/ice machines which remained busy with dispensing and conversation throughout the night. Yes, we could have requested a different room but just decided to tough it out for one night. We went downstairs to the Diamond Grille 'happy hour'. Unfortunately(2), wine and beer were not included in the 'happy hour' so we paid regular price. We had a 'so so' dinner and I told my husband I was going to take my almost full glass of wine back to our room. He said he would bring it. He asked the bartender if she could top it off and she said 'Sure'. Unfortunately (3) he didn't realize until he came back up stairs that she had charged him for another FULL glass of wine and he had tipped her generously. The restaurant opened for breakfast at 6am and we were ready because again we had an early flight. We were given menu's and coffee and I gave the server the 'yellow slip'. He said we were only entitled to the 'continental breakfast' and directed us to the bagel/muffin bar. I explained that I was told at check in that $20 would be deducted from our breakfast and that our confirmation slip had noted a full breakfast with our package. Unfortunately (4)he said in a very surly tone "I can't confirm that" and pointed to the continental breakfast bar. I showed him the initials on the back and asked him to confirm it with her but she wasn't there. He wanted the yellow slip but I told him I was going to keep it and take it up with HI. I still have it as well as my confirmation indicating the breakfast package and responded to HI when they asked me to review our stay at the hotel. Unfortunately(5), I haven't heard a word from them. When we returned from our trip, we called the shuttle for pick up. They arrived within 20 minutes with a van filled with occupants. I thought they were being let off but unfortunately (6) no. We squeezed into the van and went for a wild ride to the Oakland Coliseum where a football game was beginning. My husband and I figured that out when we flew past the hotel and headed into unknown territory (back of the Coliseum) and everyone got out of the shuttle. The driver never said a word. Then we arrived back at the hotel about 20 more minutes later. Admittedly, we usually stay at the Hilton next door when we park and fly but I thought we would try the 'New' Holiday Inn and thought the breakfast was a perk while being slightly less expensive. Unfortunately (7), it was not what we expected and won't be back. There are plenty of other park and fly hotels in the area. Hopefully with more informed, competent and professional personnel. I want to exclude the sweet girl who checked us in (unless she was incorrect about the $20 breakfast and in spite of being placed in such a noisy room) and housekeeping because although the room was noisy, it was large, comfortable and clean. Of course, we tipped housekeeping and only God knows why, the shuttle driver. We did NOT tip the rude, cranky non-breakfast server. Unfortunately (8) he decided since he could not retrieve the 'yellow slip' that he would charge us $4.35 for our 2 cups of coffee...even though there was a huge urn of free coffee for guests right outside the restaurant in the lobby. Unfortunately (9) we will not be returning to the Holiday Inn @77 Hegenberger and will probably exclude the Holiday Inn Express as well just because this was such a disappointing and unfortunate experience from IHG. We are considering discarding our Priority Club cards altogether. Unfortunately.

Room Tip: If you want a quiet room, ask for a higher floor away from elevators and ice/vending machines. If you have a package that includes breakfast, ask them to write 'free full breakfast or $20 off' on the slip and pray you don't have the cranky guy for a server in the morning.
  • Stayed: December 2011, travelled as a couple
5  Thank cydona46
Reviewed 8 January 2012

I booked this airport hotel because I had an overnight stay in Oakland between flights on New Year's Eve. Instead of a relaxing overnight stay, I walked into a messy New Year's Eve party. I arrived a few minutes after midnight, and loud music was blaring, some drunks tried to get into our airport shuttle before we even had a chance to get out, and people were walking around the lobby spilling drinks. There was vomit in the elevator. This is supposed to be an airport hotel, where people stay overnight between flights, not a party destination, regardless of the date. If I had wanted a New Year's Eve party, I would have stayed downtown. The staff were overwhelmed by all the people drinking and demanding things of them. There appeared to be only two people on duty, and this was not enough. We were forced to take a room on the second floor, close enough to the loud party in the lobby (that continued past 1:30am) to hear it though our window from the street. The door was not soundproof, and we could hear the ice machine all night. Who needs ice at 5am? This was a very frustrating experience. I will not stay at this hotel again.

That said, the hotel itself is very nice for a Holiday Inn. The room was large and clean, with modern furnishings. The bed was comfortable. The bathroom was nice. There were lots of channels to watch on TV (which helped to mask the sounds of the party). The staff were friendly, and they gave us free breakfast vouchers because they knew we were not happy with the situation in the hotel. I just don't understand why an airport hotel would allow this type of partying in their hotel when the majority of its clients are by definition travelers who need to sleep. My advice: call ahead to make sure that there is no party scheduled the night of your stay.

• Stayed: December 2011, travelled on business
1  Thank BackintheUSSR2010
Reviewed 5 January 2012

Despite a few shortcomings such as the lackluster front desk at check in and a bathroom exhaust fan not working... this is the best of the OAK airport area. I've stayed at many in the area and always find this HI very clean, comfortable and YES.. FULL service!

• Stayed: December 2011, travelled with family