New! Find and book your ideal hotel on TripAdvisor — and get the lowest prices

GreenLeadersSilver level
Singapore, Singapore
“Good stay ! Big room”
4 of 5 bubbles Reviewed 16 April 2012

We have great stay there ! Value for money and we got big room

• Stayed April 2012, travelled as a couple
2 Thank Shane M
Turn Your Opinions into Points!
Turn your opinions into JPMiles
Turn your opinions into PAYBACK Points
*You can enroll in only one programme at a time to earn rewards for reviews.
JPMiles / Payback Arrow
JPMiles / PAYBACK

Traveller tips help you choose the right room.   Room tips (91)
Perth, Australia
4 of 5 bubbles Reviewed 10 April 2012

Perfect place to chill out after the Yosemite experience.

• Stayed March 2012, travelled with family
2 Thank MikeyEdwards
Los Angeles, California
2 of 5 bubbles Reviewed 2 April 2012

I visit Oakhurst several times a year, as we have family there. I booked this hotel because the one I usually stay at was booked for the weekend. My cousin and I had a nice room with two queen beds, but the sheets seemed to be made out of burlap. The TV channel selections were minimal and the ice machine on our floor was not working. The elevator is the slowest in Christendom and I avoided using it unless absolutely necessary.

At 10:30 on Saturday evening, I called down to the front desk for an extra blanket (it was snowing that night) and extra pillows, as I have a back condition. I was blithely told that if I wanted the items, I would have to go downstairs and get them myself. I was then treated to a ten minute tirade about how the front desk lady was the ONLY staff member present for the night and she could not leave the front desk for any reason. I did without the items, since I was undressed already and was not willing to parade myself through a hotel in my well worn pj's for all the world to see, Never in all of my travels have I ever been expected to fetch my own linen - even at cheap places like Travel Lodge or Motel 6!

I guess as an energy saving effort, some of the lights in the room had motion sensors; so all night the light over the TV would go on and off as it responded to the smallest of movements such as a person rolling over in bed! Needless to say, we were treated to this impromptu light show all night and were awakened several times.

Having only one staff person responsible for the entire hotel all night was disconcerting; I felt it unsafe for the employee and inconvenient for the guests. The breakfast was sparse: one of the waffle machines and part of the juice dispenser were broken and kids from a traveling church group cleaned out all the food by 8:30 AM - so there was little left for us grownups. Had breakfast at a coffee shop at the foot of the parking lot where the hostess treated me to a 10 minute political diatribe while I paid for my meal. Weird experience all around and I will never stay there again.

Room Tip: Stay somewhere else
  • Stayed March 2012, travelled with friends
    • 3 of 5 bubbles
    • 2 of 5 bubbles
    • 3 of 5 bubbles
    • 2 of 5 bubbles
    • 1 of 5 bubbles
1 Thank Isidis S
INNsightDotcom, Manager at Yosemite Southgate Hotel & Suites, responded to this review, 18 April 2012
Dear Isidis,
Thank-you for taking the time to submit a review for Yosemite Southgate Hotel. I am very sorry to learn of your disappointment with our hotel. It is our goal to provide our guest the utmost service and comfort. When we fail to uphold our high standards, as in your case, we are very disappointed and concerned. I assure you that all area's you spoke of have been addressed.
Thank-you again for bringing these areas of improvement to our attention. We realize you have many choices when it comes to lodging, and we sincerely appreciate your business.

Thank-you!
Debbie Mackey- General Manager
Newport, United Kingdom
4 of 5 bubbles Reviewed 18 March 2012

This is a great hotel, about 45mins away from the National Park entrance. The room was big, and clean, with a great view of the mountains. There are a few restaurants located nearby, and it's directly opposite the tourist information centre, which everyone should visit before visiting the park as they have maps, and the latest travel/ road info.

The only let down was the breakfast, but there are a few places nearby to grab an early bite.

• Stayed March 2012, travelled as a couple
2 Thank Charlievamp
Buenos Aires, Argentina
5 of 5 bubbles Reviewed 5 February 2012

Excellent place to spend the night before entering the National Park. It´s just miles away and allowes you to go in the park early in the morning.
The staff is the "friendliest". They helped us on everything we needed.
In addition, there is a few good restaurants nearby. I recommend the Italian one.
The breakfast is not excellent, but good enough.

• Stayed November 2011, travelled as a couple
2 Thank Hernan S
Also consider these accommodations in or near Oakhurst
0.1 km away
8.1 km away
The Pines Resort
The Pines Resort
#1 of 1 in Bass Lake

Been to Yosemite Southgate Hotel & Suites? Share your experiences!

Turn Your Opinions into Points!
Turn your opinions into JPMiles
Turn your opinions into PAYBACK Points
*You can enroll in only one programme at a time to earn rewards for reviews.
JPMiles / PAYBACK