“Pleasantly Surprised”

Best Western Plus Novato Oaks Inn
Ranked #1 of 6 Hotels in Novato
GreenLeadersGold level
Reviewed 16 November 2017

First time staying at a Best Western and I was a little nervous initially; however the hotle was nice, and the staff was very helpful and friendly. Great restaruant next door the beds were very comfortable.

Review collected in partnership with Best Western
Jessica S, Manager at Best Western Plus Novato Oaks Inn, responded to this reviewResponded 17 November 2017

Thank you for the great feedback. We are happy to hear we met your expectations and you enjoyed your stay. Hope to welcome you back soon!

Reviewed 14 November 2017

I stayed here for business. Staff was very nice and helpful. the breakfast was good. The internet was decently fast. I ate at the restaurant 1 night food was good and people there were friendly. I usually don't stay this far north when I travel for business, but I was having a hard time finding a hotel and this popped up as an option. I would stay here again if I was ever in the area.

Review collected in partnership with Best Western
Jessica S, Manager at Best Western Plus Novato Oaks Inn, responded to this reviewResponded 16 November 2017

Thank you so much for the 5 star review! We appreciate the great feedback and are happy to hear that you will come stay with us again when in the area!

Reviewed 13 November 2017

The 'Plus' in the name must indicate something more than we knew before our stay. Only stayed one night with our family of 5 but really felt we got our money's worth. The room was plenty spacious for our family to allow our little one to sleep on the floor without threat of a stomping. The bedding was comfortable and clean.
We appreciate the divided wash basin from the toilet/tub area - let people handle their business in separate spaces.
The morning breakfast spread had plenty of options - sweets, cereals, breads, yogurts and juices. They offered a cheesy, sausage omelette that was one of the best breakfast items we've had in a chain hotel. We depleted their stock of those flavorful bites.
I always give extra credit for hotels offering a complimentary Wall Street Journal. I don't need the local news - give me something substantive.

• Stayed: November 2017, travelled with family
Jessica S, Manager at Best Western Plus Novato Oaks Inn, responded to this reviewResponded 14 November 2017

We so appreciate this wonderful review and are very happy to hear that you enjoyed your stay! Looking forward to welcoming you back again soon!

Reviewed 6 November 2017

I stayed at this hotel for a business trip based on the location and overall high score on TripAdvisor. I did review comments from past guests and found there was some inconsistency from one guest giving high reviews and the next giving moderate to low reviews. The self-parking is easy to access and close to the hotel. The guest rooms are spacious and clean with large bathroom. I liked the Keurig coffee maker as I usually bring my own coffee k-cups. I was on the hillside of the hotel and did not hear any freeway noise or hotel noise. The biggest downfall and why I will hesitate to stay at a Best Western Plus was the very slow working WIFI. My device was constantly searching for the WIFI signal and loaded one page over about 5 minutes to 10 minutes - VERY SLOW. I was unable to stream anything not Hulu, Netflix, Amazon or even YouTube. When I contacted the front desk, I was told to come to the lobby for working WIFI. I can't imagine that traveling on a business trip would require me to pajama party in the lobby just to use the WIFI. I consider that unacceptable as there is no excuse to say you have WIFI when in fact you don't unless your room is right over the lobby.

Review collected in partnership with Best Western

We are sorry to hear we missed the mark in a few areas during your stay. I have passed on your feedback regarding the wifi issue and will have our IT Department look into it right away. We hope you will come back and give us another chance!

Reviewed 1 November 2017

We had evacuated ourselves and my Mom & her caregiver from Santa Rosa during the North Coast fires in Oct 2017. We were desperate to find a hotel, so on short notice, the staff accommodated our needs and managed to keep us there as we extended our stay, trying to wait out the fires. We had to change rooms a couple of times (due to our short notice), but they did everything they could to minimize that. Everyone, from the front desk staff to the housekeeping staff was excellent! And they have a great breakfast! Room service was excellent as well as the on-property restaurant!

• Stayed: October 2017, travelled with family
Review collected in partnership with Best Western
Jessica S, Manager at Best Western Plus Novato Oaks Inn, responded to this reviewResponded 3 November 2017

Thank you so much for this feedback! We are so very happy to hear how you and your family felt safe and taken care of while staying with us during this tragedy. And we are especially grateful that you are all safe and back in your homes! We hope you can visit us again on better terms. Take care!

Also consider these accommodations in or near Novato
5.1 km away
The Lodge at Tiburon
#2 of 2 in Tiburon
18.9 km away
Holiday Inn Express Mill Valley San Francisco Area

Been to Best Western Plus Novato Oaks Inn? Share your experiences!

Turn Your Opinions into Points!
Turn your opinions into JPMiles
Turn your opinions into PAYBACK Points
*You can enroll in only one programme at a time to earn rewards for reviews.
JPMiles / PAYBACK