All reviews plenty of hot water breakfast room very pleasant stay would stay here again bed was very comfortable upgrades upgrading
Reviewed 8 March 2017

I would not have gone to this star level, were it not for the post-stay treatment we received around an item (an expensive bottle of sparkling wine) we accidentally left in the in-room refrigerator. In fact, I was just hung up on when calling for the second time to inquire about it. I keep being told "I'll talk to housekeeping tomorrow" and yet, tomorrow never comes, and I never hear back. If you already consumed the wine, shame on us for leaving it, and I hope you enjoyed it. BUT shame on YOU for being so disrespectful and dishonest, and for hanging up on me (and then refusing to pick up the phone when I call right back) and leading me on with no intent of follow-up. Shame on you.

Date of stay: March 2017
Trip type: Travelled as a couple
2  Thank Sarah W
GuestXperienceTeam, Guest Relations Manager at Marinwood Inn & Suites, responded to this reviewResponded 18 April 2017

Dear Sarah, we apologize that you found our staff to be rude and inattentive. This should not have happened. Our guests do forget stuff in the rooms sometimes and we try our best to hold it and inform guests about it as soon as possible (and in many cases, we have even shipped the items back to them). When it comes beverages and wine, people do open their bottles, in that case, while cleaning the room, our service team discards the beverage bottles and food items which may have been left by guests. It seems that our team may have tried to locate this in the room and could not find it afterward. Once again we are truly sorry about this.

Guest Experience Team

Reviewed 31 January 2017 via mobile

I spent my teens in Novato. We used to go to the German restaurant, Little Bavaria, which was a great place. Honestly I thought I was booking into an inn with a similar name. I'm glad I made that mistake. This place is quaint and comfortable. Freeway access is easy. Though there aren't restaurants within walking distance, there are plenty of them, and markets, within easy driving distance. I would stay here again.

Date of stay: December 2016
Trip type: Travelled with family
ManagerDM, Manager at Marinwood Inn & Suites, responded to this reviewResponded 6 February 2017

Dear Scott P,

Thank you for your great review! Even though you thought you were booking elsewhere, we are so happy you stayed with us. We are delighted to hear you had a comfortable stay and we look forward to welcoming you back again soon.

Warm regards,

Reviewed 14 January 2017

Just a confirmation that people can care about you, clean and comfortable warm in the winter and cool in the summer , one of those places you get lucky enough to find. Staying a 150+ days on the road this is one of my favorites.

Room tip: You will not regret staying here
Date of stay: December 2016
  • Trip type: Travelled on business
GuestXperienceTeam, Guest Relations Manager at Marinwood Inn & Suites, responded to this reviewResponded 17 January 2017

Thank you for your really lovely review, we do appreciate it. We do try to make our hotel a home away from home for our guests, and it's great that you felt that care and homeliness. It's lovely to hear such a great comment from someone who spends as much time on the road as you so. We do hope that you'll be back to stay with us again soon! Best regards, Hotel Management

Reviewed 30 November 2016

This is a single level budget accommodation MOTEL, essentially Motel 6 with dark furniture. It was not what I was expecting based on the published photos, but value was okay. Bathroom was somewhat updated, but we had problems with a slow drain in the shower (so that after a few minutes with the water turned on, you're submerged in ankle deep water).

Date of stay: October 2016
  • Trip type: Travelled as a couple
ManagerDM, Manager at Marinwood Inn & Suites, responded to this reviewResponded 8 December 2016

Dear mdavidohoh,

Oh no, please let us know next time if there are any problems with the drain- we would have happily fixed it or moved you to another room! We are sorry to hear we did not meet your expectations. We appreciate your review and your comments. We hope you will give us another try in the future.

Kind regards,

Reviewed 29 October 2016

Love this hotel. I have leading a bike tour here every year for the past 10 years and I plan to keep coming back. All the other hotels in the area are too expensive. This one is very nice, the price is right and the manager, Bobby, is great. It's great that they now have free breakfast. They remodeled over the past few years and the rooms are very nice now. I also like having a kitchen in the room. The hotel has easy access to Sears Point, Point San Pedro, Sausalito and San Francisco. Safeway supermarket and restaurants within 2 miles. Thanks for another great stay!!

Room tip: Stayed all over the complex and never had a bad room.
Date of stay: October 2016
  • Trip type: Travelled with friends
ManagerDM, Manager at Marinwood Inn & Suites, responded to this reviewResponded 5 November 2016

Dear russandsheila,

Wow, thank you for your 5 star review and we agree Bobby is great! We love your loyalty and that you love Marinwood Inn & Suites. We are absolutely thrilled you enjoyed you stay and our remodel. We look forward to welcoming you back again!

Best regards,