“Back for the Mole”

Picante Martin's Mexican
Ranked #88 of 513 Restaurants in Newport Beach
Cuisines: Mexican
Reviewed 17 September 2017 via mobile

They have had chicken in dark red Mole sauce for years and years! Maybe they age it ? Because it just keeps getting better all the time .
All I can say is: Holé Molé, or is it Holy Moly, or just Holey Moley; well, no matter how you say it, it's da bomb!

Last time I was at Picante Martin's was over 10 years ago. The Mole was so crazy good that when I stayed at the Balboa Bay Resort, I made a special trip to Balboa Island just for the Mole!

OK fine, In the spirit of complete and total Trip Advisor honesty, I was forced to go across the street and get some of my Grandma's favorite candy, dark chocolate Honeycomb.
But it was the Mole that brought me there!

It's a must try if you are a Mole fan like me.
The only places that come close to having Mole this good are in Mexico !
The rice and beans are an added dash of deliciousness !
It's right across the bridge when you get to Balboa Island; pretty much the pot of gold at the end of the rainbow .

Reviewed 3 August 2017 via mobile

Martin's is the best We use them frequently for party's and lunch. Tacos are great and my kids get breakfast burritos.

Reviewed 28 May 2017

We ate here twice on our vacation to Balboa Island. The food is delicious & the staff is friendly. Very colorful & casual atmosphere.
We had Chicken Nachos which were delicious & also Chicken Quesidillas which were delicious also.
If you are looking for casual Mexican food on the island this place is the place to go!!

Reviewed 17 March 2017

Traveling with a youngster is always challenging and finding food they will enjoy can be difficult. Picante has a wide variety of specialties that appeal to most taste buds and the food is very good. My son selected the Chicken Quesadillas and thought it was really great! The burrito's my wife & i ordered were tremendous and very good as well.

The staff is very friendly and the food was very good! What more can you ask for!

Reviewed 13 February 2017

You can fill your stomach here, but the food was nothing special. I waited so much more from this place :(