“Good for lunch”

Ranked #122 of 513 Restaurants in Newport Beach
Dining options: After-hours
Dining options: After-hours
Reviewed 31 March 2016 via mobile

My husband and I took our nieces for lunch and we really enjoyed the food. My shrimp tacos and beans were tasty and everyone else enjoyed their crispy tacos and enchiladas. There wasn't table side service (although someone did bring the food to us). Overall a fun lunch with the kids!

Turn Your Opinions into Points!
Turn your opinions into JPMiles
Turn your opinions into PAYBACK Points
*You can enroll in only one programme at a time to earn rewards for reviews.

Reviewed 8 February 2016

We rented a condo just a block away and really enjoyed being able to walk to eat. Actually ate lunch at Baja Sharkeez twice during the week. The first time they did not have many patrons so we were assigned a waitress who took great care of us. The quality of the food (and the very affordable prices) brought us back. They have self-serve chips and salsa which are always a great start. Several friends enjoyed the fish tacos, I had the chicken tacos and my husband enjoyed a veggie burrito. Every bite had a spicy kick that we loved. The quesadilla was huge and looked amazing. One taco was enough for lunch the first day, but I did indulge in two on the second visit.
The open air seating helped us enjoy the beach atmosphere. Too many TVs to watch them all. When they were busy getting drink refills became a little difficult, but not a problem.

Reviewed 2 February 2016

We ate lunch here - it's open air which made it more festive. There is no wait staff, so standing in line at the bar to place your food and drink orders was a little annoying. We would have stayed longer and drank more if we wouldn't of had to stand in line each time. Food was good and all the chips and salsa you can eat!

Reviewed 14 January 2016

Great open restaurant with good Mexican and American food. Mostly rated very good based on the atmosphere. Great open restaurant so you can still feel the beach breeze. NO WAITSTAFF makes this a little awkward. You have to stand in line at the bar to order more beer or food. They do bring it to your table but it is a bit strange. I would have gladly tipped to have someone wait on me and not stand in line for a beer. The tacos were good and the beer cold so I guess that's what it's all about!

Reviewed 11 November 2015

We went here for breakfast, because friends said it was good. It wasn't and the waiters were very rude.

1  Thank DrCICS