“Outdoor dining”

Ranked #72 of 513 Restaurants in Newport Beach
Price range: US$ 2 - US$ 10
Cuisines: American, Mexican
Dining options: Breakfast, Outdoor Seating
Description: Ocean front casual dinning with a family friendly atmosphere.
Reviewed 20 September 2017

A cute beach location where you can eat outside with your dog or take to the tables by the boardwalk

Turn Your Opinions into Points!
Turn your opinions into JPMiles
Turn your opinions into PAYBACK Points
*You can enroll in only one programme at a time to earn rewards for reviews.

Reviewed 18 September 2017 via mobile

We found this place when we drove over to NPB while staying in Anaheim. It is a quaint little spot with a great staff. There were 6 of us (4 adults and 2 kids) and we all were able to get dinner for under $60. I had the Chili and Cornbread, which came with generous portions of delicious chili and cornbread (along with a house salad). Breakfast is available all day long and a few of our crew took advantage. Definitely worth a visit.

Reviewed 9 August 2017 via mobile

Stopped in for lunch, great beach front location, very reasonably priced, most food eaten was from the appetiser menu, nachos and chilli cheese chip about $9 each, chilli price depending on size, great service

Reviewed 24 July 2017

While staying in Newport Beach, I was walking the bike path around the Newport Beach pier, and was intrigued by the look and feel of Charlie's Chili Restaurant. I walked in and was pleasantly greeted, given my choice of tables, and my beverage brought.

For such a small (but very successful - celebrating 50 years this year) restaurant, the menu was quite extensive. It was a hard decision, but I settled on a taco combo: steak, crispy beef, rice and beans, and chili (loaded with cheese and onions).

First off, the chili was delivered in just a couple of minutes - and it was very, very good. Just the right amount of seasoned beef and pintos, topped (loaded) with cheese and chili. I could have made a meal off of more chili, but just as I finished the bowl, my tacos arrived.

The tacos were piled high with the meat, lettuce, and cheese. They were both good, with the crispy beef winning my vote by a slight margin due to the crispy shell. The refried beans and rise were a little on the bland side, but a few dashes of hot sauce on the table and they complemented the tacos very nicely.

My server was attentive throughout my meal, and I left more than satisfied by a simple, flavorful meal.

It's no secret to Charlie's Chili's success and longevity: good food served quickly with the right attitude and attention. Well done!

Reviewed 8 July 2017 via mobile

I had perhaps the best chili, outside of new Mexico. My wife had the clam chowder and said it was the best she's ever had, even better than new England clam chowder. My boys enjoyed the chili dogs & chili cheese fries. Nestled in a great Newport setting, you can't go wrong with this place, especially for lunch