“Great spot”

Cuisines: Mexican
Dining options: After-hours
Dining options: After-hours
Reviewed 7 June 2016 via mobile

Went here late Sunday night for Mexican. One of the few places open till 10pm on Sunday. The spot looked amazing on the inside I loved the traditional Mexican look. The salsa was great and looked fresh and home made. I ordered the chile relleno and it was amazing! I would recommend this to any of my friends going to Santa Ana area.

Reviewed 25 May 2016

service and food is excellent! the food is fresh. the waitress are courtesy. cozy restaurant. While I was out there I went to eat twice.
Try it you like :-)

Reviewed 19 May 2016 via mobile

We visited this restaurant for a dinner on mid week night. The restaurant was busy. I sampled their bowl of chicken soup. The soup was outstanding with fresh ingredients and large chunk of chicken. We also sampled their combination dinners of Taco, Chile Rileano with beans, rice and mixed vegetables. All dishes used fresh ingredients and tested well. The service was outstanding. They have a patio and a bar for wines and beers. We sat in their patio, they do have heaters if you need in the evening. Best prices and good quality Mexican food . We will certainly return to sample other dishes.

Reviewed 18 May 2016 via mobile

Avila's used to be a church, back in the day. The windows are beautiful, toy can still yell where the alter was, and the rectory had been concerted to a more private seating area, possibly for private parties. The service was good and we were seated immediately. My husband ordered the chicken fajitas and I had the tequila shrimp. They were both pretty good. This restaurant had a nice atmosphere and I live the area that it's in.

Reviewed 8 May 2016 via mobile

It was our first time dining there, we knew they had good food and service from friends. I was pleasantly surprised by the taste of their mole, I'm very picky about Mexican food -specially mole. But today after ordering the mole enchiladas with just cheese in them I am a fan of theirs and can't wait to return!

My family ordered the carnitas as an appetizer and it also was delicious, this is a must when in the area.