“Mole! ”

Cuisines: Mexican
Dining options: After-hours
Dining options: After-hours
Reviewed 8 May 2016 via mobile

It was our first time dining there, we knew they had good food and service from friends. I was pleasantly surprised by the taste of their mole, I'm very picky about Mexican food -specially mole. But today after ordering the mole enchiladas with just cheese in them I am a fan of theirs and can't wait to return!

My family ordered the carnitas as an appetizer and it also was delicious, this is a must when in the area.

Reviewed 21 April 2016

The food is always good at any of the Avila's restaurants. It's not a fancy place but it certainly is festive. The chicken soup is a favorite and the mango margarita is tops. Try the restraunt in Laguna Beach and take a walk after the meal. It will not disappoint. The place is great if you have a big group with children and adults. The menu will please every age and diet.

Reviewed 17 April 2016

My wife and I had pre-wedding lunch with a group of about 20 people. The bar and food service were a bit slow but we attributed that to the fact that the restaurant was pretty full. The quality of the food was great. My wife lived in Mexico for a some time and she attested to the authenticity of the food. I just plain enjoyed it.

The three taco lunch was great. Chicken, beef and pork tacos that were delicious. The restaurant is very casual and appears to a favorite of the local people.

The parking lot is tiny and parking in Newport Beach is a challenge at best. Come early for a parking space.

Reviewed 11 April 2016 via mobile

Avila's has the best Mana Avila's soup filled with avocado, tomatoes, chicken and rice. The perfect food on a cold day. The chips and salsa are irresistible.

Reviewed 10 April 2016 via mobile

While not a particularly romantic date location, the food was good and drinks were pretty strong. I had the vegetable Chile relleno; my husband had the albondigas meatball soup, and we both had house margaritas (made with cuervo gold). The space seemed large and empty, but our table seemed cramped, and we could clearly hear the couples' conversation at the table next to us. I did really enjoy my food however, and had enough to take home for a full second meal. Ultimately, we'll be back, but won't be bragging to our friends about our experience, posting selfies or tagging the location on Facebook.