“Delicious food, energized atmosphere. ”
Review of Eddie V's Wildfish

Eddie V's Wildfish
Reserve with OpenTable
Eddie V's Wildfish is not available for your requested time. Choose another time, or search restaurants with availability.
The time you selected has already passed.
Ranked #2 of 524 Restaurants in Newport Beach
Price range: US$ 1 - US$ 30
Cuisines: Seafood
Good for: Bar Scene, Business meetings, Romantic, Special Occasion Dining, Groups
Dining options: After-hours, Dinner, Reservations
Dining style: Casual Dining
Description: Join us in the V Lounge for an evening of imaginative craft cocktails and prime seafood matched with an elegant ambiance filled with the sounds of live jazz nightly. Eddie V's Prime Seafood brings an experience filled with Seafood, Steaks and Rhythm, with a menu emphasis on top of the catch prime seafood creations, USDA prime beef and chops, and fresh oyster bar selections. The restaurant is set in a relaxed, elegant atmosphere accented with a palette of sultry earth tones occasionally interrupted by bold colored artwork and mixed wood finishes. The rhythms of nightly live music fill the V Lounge, where you can also enjoy Eddie V's daily happy hour for specially priced signature cocktails and fresh seafood appetizers.
Reviewed 13 August 2017 via mobile

We hadn't been to Wildfish in a couple years. Pleased to say it's as fantastic as we remembered. We love sitting on the patio - not as loud and the tables are more spread out. I loved the grouper with"corn fondue" sauce and my husband had an excellent special of lobster, shrimp and scallops. Excellent service thanks to Kai.

Reviewed 24 July 2017

We have been eating here for several years and the food is always excellent. The service however is uneven - sometimes great and other times odd. My favorite dishes are the scallops, pot sticker appetizer and any of their grilled fish. It's always fresh, perfectly prepared and seasoned. Their kitchen is outstanding. The wine list is straight forward and expensive but fairly priced. Service is the issue: it's uneven and sometimes intrusive. Some of the waitstaff seem overextended and tired of customers. Ofter they have been abrupt and inattentive. I hope this is something that can be corrected soon, as the overall experience would be complete.

1  Thank rhlaguna007
Reviewed 22 July 2017

A group of us had the chance to try Wildfish (WF) for a business dinner. The place is very high-end with a variety of nice dishes to try. It is not low dollar though... We had oysters, sea bass, and a variety of side dishes. I enjoyed my food very much (sea bass) and salad. The wine selection was good too. I am just thankful I did not have to pay the bill!!!!!!!! I would eat here again for a special occasion or if someone else was paying!

1  Thank Shane S
Reviewed 19 July 2017

Although this gustatory delight is located in a shopping center, parking was not an issue.
The atmosphere is somewhat formal and fun at the same time - we watched our team win in the hockey playoffs! Before that even happened I fell in love with the menu - everything sounded wonderful, and my only disappointment was that we didn't have time to return on the same trip. My husband had Sangria and I ordered a Red Dragon cocktail - kudos to the bartenders! My husband enjoyed the crab and corn chowder, and my oysters from both coasts were fresh and just perfect. He went on to a salmon dinner with bliss on his face and I had the Georges Bank Scallops exquisitely cooked and served with a delicious sauce (read 'mop the plate'). The service could not be faulted, and the entire staff from hostess to food servers was both friendly and professional. The prices are moderate to high, but this is one place where it is worth it.

1  Thank JoanneJourneys
Reviewed 18 July 2017

We love this restaurant, we looking forward to coming here whenever we're in Newport Beach. The service is top-notch, the food is always great, and the atmosphere is fun. This last visit, Anna, was our server, and she is excellent--gracious, professional, friendly, and helpful.