“Great breakfast option”

Sam & Harry's Steakhouse - Marriott Newport Beach
Reserve with OpenTable
Sam & Harry's Steakhouse - Marriott Newport Beach is not available for your requested time. Choose another time, or search restaurants with availability.
The time you selected has already passed.
Ranked #148 of 538 Restaurants in Newport Beach
Price range: US$ 31 - US$ 60
Cuisines: Steakhouse
Dining options: Reservations
Dining style: Fine Dining
Description: Begun in 1990, the original Sam & Harry’s is a Washington, D.C. landmark. An institution for “power dining” in the city, Sam & Harry’s DC has hosted Roy Rogers, Gene Autry, Julia Child, and Nicolas Cage among many celebrities and politicians. Washingtonians voted Sam & Harry’s “Best Steak” and Wine Spectator has awarded us the “Best Award of Excellence”. Sam & Harry’s brings more than a traditional steakhouse to Newport Beach. We feature USDA prime steaks, “jet-fresh” seafood flown in daily from around the world, and an award-winning wine program that showcases a list of hand selected bottles, while highlighting 50 wines by the glass. Sam & Harry’s signature personalized service will accommodate your every need and our private dining rooms provide the perfect ambiance for an evening of business or leisure
Reviewed 27 January 2017

I only ate one meal in Sam and Harry's and that was breakfast. They had a buffet available but opted for the Homemade Hash and I am glad I did. The hash was excellent and there were 2 poached eggs to accompany the hash. The hash was also served with hash browns and toast. One of the best hashes that I have had.

Date of visit: January 2017

Reviewed 29 October 2016 via mobile

The menu here could use a little livening up but the staff is friendly. I was looking forward to the amazing bacon they have here (didn't disappoint) but was really blown away that they had taken the French onion soup off the menu. I mentioned it to the waitress, Melissa, and she had them make me some anyway! She was also very sweet and went above and beyond. I ate here several times during my conference. Other readers noted the prices and they are somewhat high which is what I expect at hotels. The chicken dinner was also great. Breakfast is the best meal here, but do note the fries are also amazing.

Reviewed 26 October 2016

My older daughter and my wife split the ribeye steak. The restaurant was nice enough to split the meal before serving it. My wife loves a tender steak and she thought this steak was not only tender, but very tasty. I had the New York steak. It was very good as well. My son-in-law had the halibut and thought it was very good. Desserts were just average. My angel food cake that came with the strawberry shortcake was not fresh. Corkage fee was $20 for my bottle of wine. My son-in-law's draft beer was $8 a glass. Service was very good. Restaurant is more of a coffee shop restaurant than a fancy steakhouse. Not a lot of atmosphere. Very good service. Not very busy for a Saturday night. Parking was validated by the restaurant.

Reviewed 26 October 2016

This is a great restaurant. It's not just a great Hotel restaurant it is really good for anywhere. They have a nice outside balcony seating area too. Just FYI if your staying here you will eat well

Reviewed 4 October 2016

While spending a couple nights at the Newport Beach Marriott we had breakfast one morning at their restaurant, Sam & Harry's. Service was a little slow to start but then it went smoothly. Our server was very friendly. Breakfast was good. Prices where about normal for hotel restaurants. For $20 I had the 2 egg breakfast with has browns, toast, bacon, juice and coffee, which wasn't a bad deal.

Date of visit: September 2016