“Day trip”

Ranked #4 of 512 Restaurants in Newport Beach
Price range: US$ 25 - US$ 100
Cuisines: Mexican
Good for: Romantic
Dining options: After-hours, Dinner, Breakfast, Lunch, Outdoor Seating, Reservations
Description: Located along Pacific Coast Highway, just North of Laguna Beach with spectacular views of the Pacific Ocean. Join us for sunset cocktails & dinner on our oceanview patio. Join your friends in our vibrant bar for our wide selection of specialty margaritas, rare tequilas, fine wines, beers & cocktails. The bar is open nightly until 1:00am.
Reviewed 4 weeks ago via mobile

I love there food and the vibe is chill. My favorite thing to order is there fried ice cream. I normally would give my favorite spots a 5 star but the last visit the waiter wasn't very friendly. It's like he was bothered by use asking for a straw. I still gave it 4 starts because it's a one of my favorite places to have a drink and dinner when in Newport. The waiters are normally accommodating and very friendly so not sure what was up with the waiter on our last visit. Still had a great time and enjoyed our food.

Turn Your Opinions into Points!
Turn your opinions into JPMiles
Turn your opinions into PAYBACK Points
*You can enroll in only one programme at a time to earn rewards for reviews.

Reviewed 12 September 2017 via mobile

The best sea pasta ever ! Fideo Del Mar: Linquine pasta with dungeness crab, mexican white shrimp and fresh wild scallops in a light tomato sauce with serrano chiles.
#javiers#javiersnewport#seafood#bestrestaurant#newportbeach#visitcalifornia

Reviewed 10 September 2017 via mobile

People kept telling me to visit this spot. I tried the famous crab enchiladas, they were ok. Small portion. You are better off driving to "El Cholo" down the street, they were way better there.

The personnel not very attentive, took forever to get a menu, took forever to order a beer.

The food not great, the decor is awesome.

The bar looks very nice. I had 2 beers and the crab enchiladas (small portion), $52. (with 15% tip).

Save your $, go have a drink, check the decor and bounce.

Reviewed 8 September 2017 via mobile

Nice atmosphere, very loud so not successful in having conversations with anyone sitting at the bar.

Food is good I had the shrimp and crab enchiladas specialty. Verde sauce good but not over the top. Have no problem paying for great food but over priced for what I would compare to basic California Mexican. Can get the same for 1/2 with less atmosphere.

Bar tender super friendly but too loud for any conversation.

Reviewed 7 September 2017 via mobile

Javier's is always consistently good. Should you choose to eat steak like I do it's going to be priced as though you are in a high end restaurant. The only complaint is the attitude of the ownership and management... they are laughing all the way to the bank because they have the locations and the food is good