“Great lunch ”

Southern Smoke BBQ & Brewhouse
Ranked #3 of 68 Restaurants in Newhall
Reviewed 30 April 2018 via mobile

Traveling from LA, we were ready for a late lunch and we found Southern Smoke BBQ. Am glad we did.

I ordered sweet potato fries to start. Had chicken & waffles, pulled pork sandwich and sliders. Diet Coke, sweet iced tea completed our order.

Everything was good. Would come back.,

Reviewed 9 March 2018 via mobile

Let me start by saying, "I don't care for barbeque." Yes - my words; legit.

I was at a meeting in Los Angeles with a co-worker who lives in Santa Clarita. Well, since I live just past her she made a restaurant suggestion and this was it. I had to let her know that I don't care for barbeque and when I say that I mean the typical barbeque sauce stuff. Just not my fav is all.

Anyhoo, I let her know I would go if I had other options so she shared the menu; looked good. I said yes AND I was so hungry. The menu is simple yet filled with savory options that aren't slathered in the typical barbeque sauce. They bring hush puppies to the table which were so good and came with a honey type dipping sauce. They also offer a complimentary meat tasting tray with 5 different meats which are all amazing! At that point I couldn't decide what to do. :( I just kept eating.

I chose the pulled pork sandwich and my friend had a meal with a two meat choice which is pictured. Lemme tell you....it was a feast! I had a side of fried pickles and added potato salad (OMG GOOD!). My friends plate included two sides. We were there for over two hours and each tried some wine as well (2 glasses each). In my opinion it was all delicious for a place I would never have chosen on my own. Lots of leftovers. We then ordered and shared the Texas Cannoli for dessert and that was it - food coma!

I was able to bring home an enough food to make up a second meal (original meal meant for one person) and I paid less than 40 bucks including the wine. I call that a good price for a splurge meal.

Enjoy!

Reviewed 1 January 2018 via mobile

The food my party and myself ordered wasn't worth the price we paid. The portions were small, the scallops weren't cooked right, the ribs was dry, some of the fries were burned, but the fried pickles were good. I'm not sure if this place was trying to imitate a four star restaurant or a knock off dive endorsed by diners, drive-in, and dives.

Reviewed 28 December 2017

Love going to this place every time we visit. Gets crowded some come early or be wiling to wait. Great selection of smoked meats. And they have a wide selection of different sauces you can put on your selection. Great atmosphere, service, and lots of fun.

Reviewed 27 December 2017 via mobile

There’s not much to say other than Southern Smoke has figured how to move Texas to Newhall.
Simply amazing quality and ingredients ,that will satisfy the most discerning barbecue veteran.
Sam and staff have developed a true Texas Barbecue Restaurant that continues to amaze.
Excellent brisket both wet and dry , pulled pork and a sausage selection all expertly done.
Full bar and an abundance of various sauces to tempt the tastebuds.
Drive to Newhall and have an experience .