“Unique Menu”

Ranked #10 of 60 Restaurants in Nevada City
Good for: Child-friendly, Local cuisine
Dining options: Lunch, Breakfast, Dinner
Reviewed 6 July 2017 via mobile

A friend highly recommend this place for their frittatas so we decided to go and check it out.

We went on a very busy July 3rd and had to wait for about 40 minutes for a table. They had three empty at one time for about 20 minutes but never sat anyone. I was not sure why this was the case as eventually they sat all parties at once. It felt like it was poor time management, or whatever this is called in restaurant land.

The menu is crazy. There are so many unique options that it is pretty overwhelming. Most items seem to have a southern/Louisiana flair. We ordered the PB&J for my daughter, my husband ordered the Cajun Steak and Eggs, and I ordered the oyster po'boy. The PB&J was pretty incredible. Everything looked and smelled very fresh. The steak had excellent flavor along with the cornbread. I definitely ordered the wrong thing. I did not care for the spices on the fried oysters and was only able to take a few bites. I wish I would have ordered the shrimp and grits!

I would definitely try this place again-this time ordering at least one frittata to try. The atmosphere is quaint and the staff is very sweet and quirky.

Reviewed 20 June 2017

My wife and I are from Cajun country and were in heaven eating here 3 days in a row. Varied menu will meet every dining idiosyncrasy. All food is organic and locally sourced thus the only thing they lack is fried green tomatoes.

Reviewed 3 June 2017

The banana pecan french toast was delicious. We didn't try any of the cajun/creole options, but standard breakfast items were great. Good friendly and fast service. The outdoor patio is really nice with a giant tree canopy shading the whole area. They accept cash only.

Reviewed 25 May 2017

My husband had a potato boat and I had Tomato Gasser. Both were extremely yummy, filling and well presented. The waitresses were very friendly and the overall environment was fun. We'll be back for certain, thank you!

Reviewed 11 April 2017

We have been dining here for the last 10 years. Outstanding food, many dishes with the Cajun flair! Not your basic denny's or Black Bear Diner but exceptionally tasty choices for sure. Also convenient public parking right across from the restaurant. Very friendly staff and homey inside and the outside patio is shaded and nice also!