“Really nice small restaurant in downtown Nevada City”
Review of Bistro 221

Bistro 221
Ranked #16 of 60 Restaurants in Nevada City
Cuisines: American
Dining options: Reservations
Dining options: Reservations
Reviewed 1 April 2018

This is my go-to restaurant in Nevada City. Both their lunches and dinners are very good. I like lox and cream cheese and more plate, also the bucket of clams

Reviewed 28 March 2018 via mobile

We went for lunch today & we were so disappointed!! My girl friend & I each had salads, they were both boring & not very good. My daughter got butter noddles & it was the smallest serving so she ordered a second bowl. I did not know it was a eight doll or small bowl of noddles. So I spent 16 on buttered noddles. My other daughter wanted french fries which she said were soggy so she did not eat them. My friends son had soup & fries. When we got our bill it was $86!! Then once we left a tip $10’s, we spent almost 100 on a crappy lunch!! We were sad & wished we went somewhere else.
I will say our server was very nice.

Reviewed 3 March 2018

They really have good clam chowder, but stopped in with my wife on a Friday to enjoy some chowder and was informed that was not the soup of the day. How disappointed we were. My wife had a cheese burger which she did not enjoy because it seemed to be very greasy. I had the french dip with potato salad. The sandwich was good, but the dip did not have any taste. Potato salad was average. We have much better places in Nevada City that serves good lunch.

Reviewed 7 January 2018

We had the chicken, pasta and shrimp and fish.
Needed more shrimp but other than that, it was fantastic.

Reviewed 23 December 2017

Charming place where we went for Thanksgiving dinner. We made reservations early in Sept. We were seated and initially taken care of by the owner, the Mom. Our waiter was her son and the "bus boy" was Grandpa! Soooo delightful!
Lovely warm ambiance and Thanksgiving dinner was absolutely delish!
We will go again!