“Great spot for organic food, beer and live music”
Review of Matteo's Public - CLOSED

Matteo's Public
Cuisines: American
Dining options: After-hours, Reservations
Dining options: After-hours, Reservations
Reviewed 16 October 2017

I stopped at Matteo's Public for a couple of beers and a quick bite on my recent trip to Nevada City. I sat at the bar, which was close to the musician performing. It's awesome they have live music and it was excellent both nights. The beer selection is great, and the service was quick, especially for a weekend night. I ordered the fish tacos and they were tasty. I like the fact that a lot of the food items are organic and sourced locally. The guy sitting next to me offered me some garlic fries and they were the most garlicky fries I've ever had! The place is small and has a nice view. They have an outdoor patio and I would have loved to dine there with my dog, but sadly, dogs are not allowed on the patio.

Reviewed 3 September 2017 via mobile

Not a bad place for lunch or to have a drink and snack. Nice ambiance. Outside eating area was pleasant even in the heat.

Reviewed 25 August 2017

The food was really good. We went for lunch at noon on a Thursday and there was no one else in the place. The owner turned on music for us and asked about how we liked our meal. He asked us where we were from and what our plans were. The service was great since we were the only ones there. Lol! We had delicious food and everything was in a timely manner. We highly suggest the pulled pork sandwich. That was our favorite between the chicken and fish tacos. All was great though. Enjoyed the old brick walls and photos.

Reviewed 20 August 2017 via mobile

Great food, casual and friendly atmosphere. Always fun - I especially enjoy eating st the bar and meeting new people

Reviewed 11 August 2017

We visit Nevada City several times a year and have never stumbled upon Matteo's Public on previous excursions. We must say that we were delightfully surprised and pleased with the service and fare. The steamed clams were amazing, service was great, and servings were generous. We shared the Fun-Guy steak and it was prepared to our liking and and well presented. We did sit in the bar area that does not have an abundance of ambience or privacy since tables are close to each other and there was a nasty little fly that did not circle our table but the patrons next to us. Despite that, we highly recommend and will return.