“Best Mexican food in Nevada County”
Review of Mi Pueblo Taqueria

Mi Pueblo Taqueria
Ranked #31 of 60 Restaurants in Nevada City
Reviewed 6 August 2018

Best Authentic Mexican food around in a fun, relaxing atmosphere. You can order to go and in large batches for parties!

Reviewed 19 July 2018

I have become fond of tacos since I moved to California. This restaurant is definitely authentic. They have a nice variety of Mexican food. I ordered three different Tacos for lunch today and about two weeks ago I ordered a Super Burrito. Both were good. The Super Burrito was HUGE! However, I really liked the ground beef taco. It had a lot of flavor - more flavor than the beef (steak) taco. They have tables outside too. Seems like a nice place to take a date. You also have the option to eat as many chips and salsa as you want while you wait for your food. While I was eating, a very nice waitress made sure I was satisfied, she was very sweet. I did notice they have a wide variety of items for those on a vegan or vegetarian diet.

Reviewed 8 May 2018

I'm a local and was excited to try Mi Pueblo since it's so close to home and I love Mexican food.... I'm sorry to say the food was not very appetizing - the meat tasted old and flavorless in the tacos and on the nachos. They do give you a large amount but it is also overpriced for the quality that you receive. Everything just tasted stale. Additionally, for some reason the management of the restaurant sees fit to tape up little handwritten signs and notes all over the place reminding patrons what not to do. ('don't try to move the table', 'don't dump food down the soda machine', 'bathroom for customers only' 'rice and beans are not included with the lunch special'). All of the handwritten signs look cluttered and unprofessional and also don't leave a patron with a very welcomed feeling. I understand certain things need to be communicated but a greater attempt should be made to do it in a more professional way. When we ordered the lady who helped us was texting on her phone and never even made eye contact throughout the entire transaction. :( very disappointing

Reviewed 5 February 2018

We eat here a lot. They have really good food, fairly good prices, and excellent service. Their guacamole is relly good and the price is really good! Cheap breakfast burrito before 9:30 M-F.

Reviewed 17 December 2017

Really good tasty breakfast. Unfortunately, they don’t open until 10am. The chilaquiles were large, and quite spicy.