“Traveler With Dog”
Review of Red Dog Saloon

Red Dog Saloon
Ranked #14 of 26 Restaurants in Needles
Reviewed 17 October 2017

Nice staff. Good prices. Get a frozen pizza and two beers for about $11. GREAT pickles. I will make this a sure stop each time.

Reviewed 18 June 2017

We were driving route 66 and were walking around Needles taking photos of the Route 66 murals. It was a very hot morning and so popped into the saloon for a soda and pit stop. The place has no sign, if the door to the street had not been open we would have walked right past. Once inside our English accents instigated conversations with the regulars and Julie behind the bar. Everyone was very friendly and interested in hearing about our trip and the UK. Just need to mention Rich, Burt and the other Julie. Thanks for such a friendly welcome and for coming out to wave goodbye!

Reviewed 29 May 2017

After a full day's driving through Joshua Tree, my destination was Needles CA to start the final leg of Route 66. The reception at Days' Inn Needles was so disappointing I didn't want to stay. So, I looked for a local watering hole, hoping for a beer and a meal. Red Dog was about the only thing open on a Sunday evening. Luckily, they had beer - no problem there! The only real food they could offer was a commercial store-bought frozen pizza, but for $10, it also came with two draft beers! A pretty good deal! The pizza was every bit as good as I could have reheated at home myself, and the beer was cold and welcome. A little bit of flavor from some inebriated locals was just the spice needed to cap off a long day. This is a "local" joint, in every way. And that's ok!

Reviewed 7 March 2017 via mobile

A great Watering Hole when traveling through Needles, CA to Laughlin NV or Parts Unknown. Make a detour at the Red Dog Saloon, you won't be disappointed. Comfy bar stools and cold, cheap beer are the order the day. Friendly locals and engaging conversation make this a perfect Pit Stop.

Reviewed 3 September 2015 via mobile

I stopped in to check out the surroundings. Nice little place. Clean. Neighborhood clientele - when I stopped in the bartender came right to me and granted me my beverage. I inquired about snacks and was offered choices of nuts, potato chips, tortilla chips and salsa dip... Cute bartender. A guy. I believe the owner or manager was in house also. Great place to stop in for a beverage. I will be back!!