“Go here!”
Review of Munchy's

Munchy's
Ranked #6 of 26 Restaurants in Needles
Reviewed 14 April 2018

Its hard to find anything to eat in Needles. Just go for an adventure and find this place. The BNSF workers must eat 3 meals a day here. I would. My family rates the burritos and Chicken tacos as good if not better than Miguels Jr or Rosa Marias in Socal.

Reviewed 21 March 2018 via mobile

Trip Advisor reviews led us to this little place right opposite the BNSF train Depot. Tasty Mexican food; nothing fancy. Had the Chile Renello, which was made in house, paired with an enchilada, rice and beans. Only 12 chairs in the place, which has a healthy carry out business among locals, judging from our time there. Family run, cash only. We’d go again.

1  Thank Robert R
Reviewed 14 February 2018

My wife and I found Munchy's Cafe here on Trip Advisor. We were driving from Lake Havasu City, Arizona, to Phoenix, Arizona, and knew we would be coming through Needles on Hwy 95 and that we would be here at lunch time. So we looked for restaurants in Needles on Trip Advisor to have lunch at. After studying the options and reviews we decided to try Munchy's Cafe because the reviews were overwhelmingly EXCELLENT.

As we drove past Munchy's, my wife said to me that Munchy's certainly was NOT a fancy nor a pretentious restaurant. As you will see in my photos, the word plain and simple, down home and basic, across from the Needles railway yards catering to a working class clientele would fit Munchy's.

Now for the food. EXCELLENT. We split a very large Chicken Salad and enjoyed a Tuna Sandwich that came with a side order of Tuna Salad. See my photos. Now for the service. EXCELLENT. Now for the menu. EXCELLENT with a fairly wide range of selections. Now for the overall experience. EXCELLENT.

Munchy's seemed to do a very brisk take-away business based upon our observations during our lunch visit.

Mauricio was our server. Mauricio's mother and father own the restaurant and it came down from his maternal grandfather to his daughter. Mauricio was PHENOMENAL.

When we rate Munchy's as EXCELLENT we are not talking San Francisco, New York City, Hong Kong, Paris standards. We are talking about Needles, California.

IF you are in Needles, California, try Munchy's.

2  Thank kanbaatar
Reviewed 16 January 2018 via mobile

We drove right by it once. Finally found it.
Family run business with very few tables. We shared a chili verdi burrito which was good but not great. A lot of people coming in for take out. No one cleaning tables. Would like to try other dishes but we were on the road and only stopped for a quick lunch.

Reviewed 19 September 2017

We were looking for a place to eat in Needles, Ca. It was myself, wife and two kids and we were on a road trip. Found this place on Tripadvisor and it had 5 stars so we decided to look it up. Like other reviews say it is a little hole in the wall place. We drove by it the first time and it was so small we almost went somewhere else. Looks like all the other businesses around it were out of business. But decided to trust in Tripadvisor and went in. Not many places to sit, only about 12 seats inside. But the food was really good. My wife had a Bean Burrito, The kids shared a cheese quesadilla with fries, and I had one hard and one soft taco. Many different choices of tacos and other items. This must be a local favorite because people were in and out the whole time we were there and the phone was ringing with orders to go. Also, the portions are large and the place is reasonably priced. We only spent $20.00. and it was a lot of food. The Bean Burrito was big! I would recommend the soft taco over the hard tacos if you decided to stop. And one kids meal was enough for both of our kids. There was a very nice girl working at the front and she was very helpful with helping us order. So recommend, stop by if on a road trip or doing a Route 66 trip.

1  Thank Jason M