“Terrific Mexican food”

LUCY'S Mexican Restaurant
Ranked #9 of 26 Restaurants in Needles
Cuisines: Mexican
Description: Family owned Mexican Rest. located in Needles, Ca. Non smoking, open Thursday thru Sunday from 11:00 am to 8:00 pm. Dine in or Out. Reasonable prices.
Reviewed 6 August 2018

Will make it a priority to visit this restaurant again. We ate here on a Friday evening about 6 pm, an hour before closing and not too crowded. Excellent food! Husband said it was the best chile relleno he ever had.

Reviewed 17 May 2018 via mobile

We stopped here for lunch. The advertisement said takes you back to Old Route 66 quaint little place Mexican food small but been there for 30 plus years we really really enjoyed it we went in they seated us as small seating area lunches inexpensive they only take cash though so don't bother with credit cards or anything else just cash and trust me you can afford it Howard ordered the wet burrito and it was delicious he ate every bite and I think he would have licked the plate if I let him.. I ordered the chili relleno and beans I would have liked the plate if I didn't think it was so coach it was different from any other chili relleno I have had I will have it again can't wait to try other things. The chips were fresh and warm and the salsa was really really really really good and homemade if you're in the needles area go to Lucy's it's great maybe we'll see you there sometime

Reviewed 3 October 2017 via mobile

We had the hard shell tacos which are always AMAZING! We like the shredded chicken and shredded beef! We also shared a chili rellano which was good. Their salsa is delicious and you can buy some to take home! They're open Thursday through Sunday only, but we'll worth it!

Reviewed 25 September 2017

Lucy's restaurant only a few steps away from the historic route 66, and has a feeling, that it also a reminder of the past. Old fashioned, with old rules and principles, the best guardian of old business morals. Lucy serves decent Mexican food, for decent prices. We spent only one night in Needles, but this restaurant made our evening pleasant and memorable.
We almost did not pay attention to the food, but we just felt very comfortable. Later on, I started to analyze our dinner. The tortilla chips with salsa that we got as a starter, probably were the best part of the food. The only thing that I missed was the avocado that I didn't find on the menu. The waitress was a bit inexperienced but charming and attentive, and the prices were ridiculously low.

Reviewed 19 September 2017

Lucy's is like a restaurant 20 or 30 years ago when they didn't want checks or credit cards and the prices had some relationship to costs rather than how much you can rip off the customer. Like a Bud is $2.75 instead of $5.50 in LA or $8 in Sedona. So Lucy's is strictly cash and they serve strictly real Mexican food at low prices. They close at 8PM so this is not a nightclub. We loved it, the food, the atmosphere and the prices although thinking about it the next day the food was not outstanding but the EXPERIENCE was GREAT!