“Blast from the past”

LUCY'S Mexican Restaurant
Ranked #9 of 26 Restaurants in Needles
Cuisines: Mexican
Description: Family owned Mexican Rest. located in Needles, Ca. Non smoking, open Thursday thru Sunday from 11:00 am to 8:00 pm. Dine in or Out. Reasonable prices.
Reviewed 19 September 2017

Lucy's is like a restaurant 20 or 30 years ago when they didn't want checks or credit cards and the prices had some relationship to costs rather than how much you can rip off the customer. Like a Bud is $2.75 instead of $5.50 in LA or $8 in Sedona. So Lucy's is strictly cash and they serve strictly real Mexican food at low prices. They close at 8PM so this is not a nightclub. We loved it, the food, the atmosphere and the prices although thinking about it the next day the food was not outstanding but the EXPERIENCE was GREAT!

Reviewed 9 February 2017

A very humble little restaurant that serves the best Mexican food I've eaten in a long time! Our group tried several different items on the menu and raved about all of it- would highly recommend this restaurant-

Reviewed 24 December 2016

I grew up in Arizona and moved to the northwest after being stationed there by the Army. I stayed in Seattle since but have always missed the good Mexican food from Arizona and California.

I discovered Lucy's during an unplanned stay in Needles at the end of August, 2014 on a motorcycle trip with my then girlfriend. Someone tried to steal her bike when we stayed overnight in Kingman, and as a result her bike suffered mechanical problems on I-40 west. We were forced to stop in Needles and get the bike fixed, and it turned out to be a fun adventure. While there we stopped at Lucy's a few times for good Mexican food and it was just what I was looking for. Authentic, taqueria style burritos and friendly service from Lucy, the senorita who owned the place.

Needles is a small city and is fairly empty when there isnt much railroad activity going on, but if you visit, definitely do stop and get a bite at Lucy's.

Reviewed 26 October 2015

Traveling through on the way to New Mexico, we stopped here because it had some good reviews. What a terrible mistake. While the food purports to be Mexican, it didn't taste like anything I have eaten in a restaurant in either Mexico or in a Mexican-American area in California, Arizona or New Mexico. The salsa was terrible, and so were the sauces used in the respective dishes we ordered. Everything was bland, with no chili peppers of any kind (jalapeno, serrano, etc.).

Reviewed 24 October 2015 via mobile

I read all the reviews and there was only one negative, which I dismissed as being the competition. Boy was I wrong and that person right! My husband's green Chile was almost meatless, tiny chips of meat, like you get in canned soup. He thought it was from a can. My Chile relleno was hidden under a canned sauce, as was the enchilada. The taco she'll was from a box! This was without a doubt the worst Mexican meal I've every had. The service was very pleasant and friendly, the other 3 ladies working there I'm sure cook and work at the Ladies Auxiliary, I mean open cans. They close on Friday night at 7:00. What does that tell you. The only thing Mexican was the music.