Napa River Inn at the Historic Napa Mill
Like saving money? We search up to 200 sites for the lowest prices
If you like this hotel, you might also be interested in
  • Pool
  • Pool
  • Restaurant
1,365 results
All reviewssweetie piesriver viewgeneral storebreakfast in bedembarcadero buildingnapa riverjazz clubold millsweet shopegg sandwichwithin walking distancebreakfast deliveredkeurig coffee makerwine tastingevery morningturn down serviceloved this hotel
FilterAll languages
Reviewed 11 July 2012

We were coming from San Francisco and were not sure what this Inn would be like. Very enjoyable stay, comfortable room and the breakfast (which we ate on the patio every morning) was a wonderful extra touch! The staff was very friendly and we loved the little town and had a great time at the local bar as well. I would recommend this Inn to everyone and we plan to be back with friends soon.

• Stayed: June 2012, travelled as a couple
Reviewed 11 July 2012

We've stayed here countless times. The staff, in-room breakfast feast and downtown location close to the best (and dog friendly) restaurants add up to a decadent experience worth repeating.

• Stayed: July 2012
Reviewed 10 July 2012

A nice place to stay in Napa. Our third time here, and one of the better places we've stayed. We thought we had asked for a king bed, but ended up with 2 double beds - not a big deal - but that's why a 4 and not a 5.

The toiletries in the bathroom were really nice - smelled great!

Great location to walk around downtown if that's your thing. Loved the restaurants literally in the parking lot.

• Stayed: June 2012, travelled as a couple
Reviewed 10 July 2012

We stayed 1 night at the Napa River Inn using a Travelzoo package, which included breakfast in bed for 2, a $50 spa credit, wine tasting for 2 at a local wine bar, and a bottle of wine. It was a great deal, a fantastic stay and the highlight of our 10-day trek down the Oregon coast.

The service from the moment we pulled up in our car was outstanding. The bell man and desk staff were friendly and professional, and everything was organized and ready for our arrival. We arrived at ~5:30pm, so we only had 30mins to make it to the wine tasting at the Bounty Hunter Wine Bar (which ends at 6pm). Since everything was so well organized though, check-in with the girl at the front desk was a breeze, the bell man efficiently helped us to our room, and we easily made it to our wine tasting.

Our room was cozy and quaint, and a great size for the 2 of us. The king-sized bed was one of the most comfortable beds I have ever slept in. The bathroom was clean and well-stocked with good quality bath products. We were on the main floor of the Plaza Building, and so our room had a great little patio with chairs, overlooking the garden and the river. The bottle of wine included in our package was waiting in the room for us upon our arrival. The breakfast from the bakery downstairs was delivered to our room exactly when we asked it to be delivered, and was a nice change of pace from the standard continental breakfast fare you often get at other hotels. (Although the egg on my boyfriend's breakfast sandwich, apparently tasted a little like it had been reheated.)

The location was fantastic -- right downtown and a quick walk to fantastic restaurants and shops. During our stay, we ate at 2 different restaurants, Zuzu and Celadon -- and they were one of the most delicious meals we have ever enjoyed. The hotel location is a great launching pad for access to all the local vineyards, whether by car or by train.

The only small glitch was that I had arranged a massage at La Pelle Spa through the hotel. When I showed up at 11:15am appointment the next day, the spa did not have me listed. Apparently if you book a spa appointment through the hotel, the hotel staff have to physically call the spa to confirm the appointment (which I guess did not happen in my case). Luckily, the masseuse was available and they were able to fit me in. Service at the spa was as expected - the atmosphere was friendly and calm. The only small criticism I have is that because the spa building is right on the road, I could hear people talking and cars driving by outside during my massage, which spoiled the ambiance just a touch.

What we probably liked least (other than the glitch at the spa) was that the walls were a bit thin (understandable as it is an older building), so we could sometimes hear the guests next door. But the rest of our stay was absolutely amazing, and we can't wait to come back.

• Stayed: July 2012, travelled as a couple
1  Thank Kat250
Reviewed 10 July 2012

We travelled by Harley (motorcycle) all day to our destination of the Napa River Inn. The room was wonderful and the area very charming. The breakfast delivered to our room was delicious, the toiletries amazing (I even bought some)! I wish we could have stayed more than one night. We are from Alberta, Canada and I highly recommend Napa and specifically the Napa River Inn as a wonderful place to visit in California.

• Stayed: May 2012, travelled as a couple