Vino Bello Resort
Like saving money? We search up to 200 sites for the lowest prices
View Hotel
All reviewsfull kitchentime sharewasher and dryerbedroom condomeritage hotelshell vacations clubbowling alleybottle of winemerlot buildingdowntown napatimeshare presentationgranite countertopswine cavebbq areatasting roomtimeshare pitchfree shuttle
FilterAll languages
Reviewed 3 February 2018 via mobile

Our first time to Napa. So grateful we chose this hotel! The staff is literally amazing, the front desk member practically sang us a song as he checked us in. Every single staff member we encountered was cheerful and pleasant, it was raining our first day-there was a staff member handing out umbrellas at each door!! Our room was clean and lovely. The view from our room was of the pool and vineyard, beautiful! We did a wine tasting with Tony, so much fun!! Very friendly and knowledgeable. If we ever make it back, we will book again. Thank you!

Stayed: January 2018, travelled as a couple
Reviewed 29 January 2018

My wife and I just returned home from Vino Bella. We stayed for a week thru interval, not knowing it is a hotel as well as a time share resort. The grounds are nicely laid out. It takes some getting used to but all the staff are most accommodating to point you in the right direction.
They have a restaurant as well as a coffee shop, and small place for a quick bite for lunch. There are pools central to each bldg. as well as a bowling alley, spa, and a wine cave that was dug out of a hill side. Grape vines line the back as well as trails to walk up to the "crusher monument" which give ab excellent vista view point towards town.
Not realizing it was also a hotel/convention center it was challenging for parking, especially when the 3 tour buses showed up.
Our room was very nice with a complimentary bottle of wine, and it faced to the back and pool area.

Room Tip: Do the wine cave for a tasting
  • Stayed: January 2018, travelled as a couple
1  Thank bill p
Reviewed 15 January 2018 via mobile

This resort has thick, fluffy towels and comfortable beds. Staff is friendly and helpful. The property is beautiful, and we enjoyed walking the path through the vineyards and seeing the estate cave. We would stay here again if we were to return to the area.

Stayed: January 2018, travelled with family
Reviewed 9 January 2018

We spent a week at Vino Bello a Shell Vacations Resort in a 1 bedroom condo. We showed up at 3:30 to check in - not exactly sure when check-in is. Our paperwork stated 4pm but the email from the resort stated 3pm. The room wasn't ready which wasn't a big deal. However, after an hour of wondering the property I checked with the front desk for an update and the room was ready. They took my cell # to call when it was ready but they never did. The room was clean and had everything we needed. Had to request an extra blanket for the pull out couch/bed and it was brought up quickly. Not sure what dish soap they use - but it smells amazing! The property was clean and parking wasn't an issue. This could be because it is off season - I can see where when it is busy the parking is limited. Pool and Jacuzzi areas are nice, I think the spas could be warmer. They did not push for a timeshare presentation, but we signed up anyway since we are owners and haven't been updated in a while. If you do the presentation and get the wine tasting promos be aware that YOU CAN USE IT AT ALL OF THE PROPERTIES LISTED not just one. We were under the impression it could only be used once, but the Trinitas Wine cellar person explained that can be used at all of them. Which makes this a fantastic deal in our opinion for an hour of your time.
The resort is located super close to Six Flags - great break for the kids. Cline Cellars and Jacuzzi Vineyards are 2 very family friendly winery.

Stayed: January 2018
1  Thank djrobinson06
Reviewed 5 January 2018

We stayed at Vino Bello.

We had a very nice kitchen, living room, balcony patio, bedroom, and bath unit.
The rooms come with a bottle of wine.

We enjoyed staying there at New Years.

The beds are very comfortable. There is a nice fireplace unit in the living room. We spent time watching the Rose Parade and Rose Bowl.

The kitchen is very nice with a large table.

The bathroom has a spa tub, and shower with lots of nice water jets.

The bedroom has a TV. There is also a washer/dryer.

Overall, the units are very nice.

We went for New Years and enjoyed New Years Dinner at Trinitas Winery Cave, which was superb. We also went to the New Years Eve party in the ballroom, which had food, party favors, live band, and balloon drop at midnight.

It was a stellar place to enjoy New Years.

We parked our cars, and although there were many people just going to Meritage - Vino Bello, we found parking spot close to our unit.

We also attended the time share presentation and was happy with the presentation and staff.

Overall, the staff was good, however, with one exception. We checked in about 3:15 and our rooms were not ready. OK - its a busy holiday week-end and they say check in time was 4:00. They said they would give me a call when the room was ready I asked them approximately how long? 30 minutes, 1 hour, 2 hour, longer - They knew I had paid good money to go to the New Years Eve party. The staff member basically said they had NO IDEA and it may be several hours.

So I wished for the best, and found things to do till about 4:15 when I decided to sit in the lobby area. I watched as every guest got their room card key in a matter of seconds. No one was waiting for their room card key except it seemed for me. At 4:35 I went to ask and they tried to "tell me to go away till they called" but I said no ,

They needed to check. After about 10 minutes, they came back and told me my room was ready. Here is your card key. There was no apology for the lengthy check in time.

When we got into the room, the room was smoky. Its a NON smoking room. We opened the doors.

Other than that, the stay was very good.

Note: We had stayed in the studio unit two other times in December. We like the studio unit also. It comes with a washer/dryer as well. Its a good place to stay if one plans to be wine tasting , out for dinner, and just plan to sleep and get ready in the room.

The resort has many nice on site restaurant, cafe, spa, winery. They are building new units across the road. There will be more wineries for tasting and more.

Vino Bello is at the same location as Meritage. One feels welcome at both facilities. Swimming pool, outdoor fireplace, and jacuzzis are also nice.

Overall, Vino Bello is a great place to stay and in spite of the check in hassles we had a superb stay. We had encountered check in hassles on a prior stay so I recommend this area gets some attention to detail to make for a more welcoming experience.

Also thanks goes to the management team for their working with the Napa families who were impacted by the fire. They worked with them to let those impacted by the Napa fire stay there for a reduced price, offered them rooms to get together so they could work on their fire related major concerns, and other.

• Stayed: December 2017, travelled as a couple