The Meritage Resort and Spa
Napa Winery Inn(Napa)(Great Value!)
US$ 247
US$ 215
Official Site
Hilton Garden Inn Napa(Napa)(Great Value!)
US$ 299
US$ 261
Savings alert! 10% below average rates

The price you found is 10% lower than this hotel's average rate of US$ 290/night.

US$ 455
US$ 341
Savings alert! 20% below average rates

The price you found is 20% lower than this hotel's average rate of US$ 428/night.

US$ 359
US$ 319
  • Breakfast included
US$ 391
US$ 409
  • Restaurant
Silverado Resort and Spa(Napa)(Great Value!)
US$ 273
US$ 164
Napa Valley Marriott Hotel & Spa(Napa)(Great Value!)
US$ 485
US$ 312
US$ 923
US$ 800
2,112 results
All reviewsbowling alleycrush loungesiena restaurantwine cavetasting roomwine tastingindustrial areadowntown napafree shuttlebusiness conferenceconcierge deskadult poolwine countryshuttle servicegirls weekendbeautiful propertyfitness center
Reviewed 17 February 2012

Is it possible to be very unhappy with a Resort when you don't even get past making a reservation? I found out today that it is. I purchased a Groupon to stay at the Meritage Resort and Spa for a weekend. The first day that Groupon purchasers were permitted to make a reservation was February 15. I called at 9 a.m. on February 15 to make a reservation since the Groupon was only good until mid-May. Instead of handling my call, they took my name and number and told me that they would call back that day. I was not called back so at 4 p.m. I called back. Once again they would not take my reservation and said that they would call back that day. After several calls to the Meritage on February 16, they called back at about 3:30 p.m. I told them 4 different weekends that I was available to use the Groupon. They told me that there were no Groupon rooms available on any of those weekends even though I called at 9 a.m. on the first day that reservations were accepted. Then came the bait and switch. I was told that if I would pay $50 more a night I could get a room on one of those weekends. I refused to pay the extra money and now I must deal with Groupon to get a refund. Customer service and ethics are obviously low priorities at the Meritage.

Stayed: February 2012, travelled with family
8  Thank CantUC
MeritageResort1, General Manager at The Meritage Resort and Spa, responded to this reviewResponded 19 February 2012

Thank you for your interest in the Meritage Resort and Spa. I do apologize for the inconvenience regarding making your reservation as this is far from a common occurrence here at the resort. We are definitely busy making reservations with the Group On promotion, however there is no excuse for the way your request was handled. Please contact my Reservations Manager Elisse Peck at 707-251-1904 and she will be happy to find a solution for you. If you would like to speak with me directly, please call 707-251-1901. Thank you again for bringing this to my attention as I have taken all proper steps to prevent this from happening to other guests.

Michael M. Palmer, CHA

Reviewed 16 February 2012

Beautiful property: the rooms are elegant, clean, and spacious. The washrooms are nice - loved the shower setup. We stayed at a 3rd floor suite and had great views of the pool and vineyard. The lobby is nicely layed out. The pool and jacuzzi was very nice and clean. Relaxing experience. Large and beautiful patio on the ground floor with views of the pool. Great for morning coffee or catch up with emails. Free and fast Wifi.

There is no where to walk around other than just around the pool. It would have been really nice to have walking path along the vineyard especially after all the dining:)

The restaurant (Sian), however was not a good experience. It was average food trying to be Tuscan or something, but just really not well done or tasty. And really over priced for what it was. Fake and pretentious atmosphere. I would recommend eating at the lobby bar if you have to or somewhere off the resort.

Room Tip: I wouldn't bother with the restaurant. Over-priced for what they offer and not very good food.
1  Thank Lucy J
Management response:Responded 9 July 2012

Thank you for the excellent review! We want to let you know that there IS a walking path that goes through the vineyards, and we apologize for not being more informative about this. We hope you'll return soon to experience it, and we look forward to seeing you!

Reviewed 14 February 2012

What a terrible disappointment. I was so fooled by their website, which seems to advertise a place in the middle of a vineyard, not a place in the middle of a corporate park. This place is more a Marriot/Days Inn type place but more "up-scale". They are also next to this time-share Shell vacation thing that EVERYONE in the hotel is going to try to talk to you about.

Ok, so the ambiance was lacking, but we decided to make due. We went down to talk to the concierge and got the worst service ever! Greg, the concierge, was so weirdly rude I was almost convinced it was an act. Although he was mildly helpful, he rushed through the information and seemed only interested in selling you things the hotel had partnerships with. Including this freaking time-share.

The cave area was ok, tho they only carry the wine the hotel owner produces. Another indication that they are NOT interested in the best service for you, but selling you products that make them more money.

Oh and Greg was not the only rude concierge (it seems like a pre-requisite to being hire there is "do you hate people and life?" "hired!") We came down around 5:30 to get the free shuttle and this lady is sitting in front of her computer, ignores us for a few minutes, this was our interaction:

Us - "Hi, we want to take the shuttle to downtown Napa for dinner"
Lady - "yeah 6pm" (doesn't even look up)
Us - "Do you recommend any restaurants?
Lady - "you don't have a reservation!!!" (rolls her eyes) "good luck" (turns back to computer an ignores us.

WTF! A helpful concierge would have told me about 5 restaurants that are great and then offered to make us a reservation. "good luck" lady this is your JOB!

Added bonus, we checked out and had an extra room service charge on our bill. We didn't make the charge, and it took 20 minutes to sort it out. The guy at the front desk was nice and apologized profusely, but that the cherry on top of a dreadful weekend.

If you are looking for fake charm, overpriced small rooms, an obnoxious clientèle and rude concierge service all in the middle of a parking lot and no where near anything in Napa (inspite the "centrally located" advertisement) then the Meritage is the hotel for you.

14  Thank Bea D
MeritageHotelManager, Manager at The Meritage Resort and Spa, responded to this reviewResponded 4 January 2013

Thank you for your review. We apologize if we were unable to live up to your expectations. We can assure you the service you received is not conducive of our normal quality. We hope that you'll join us again soon, so we can make up for the issues you encountered last time. Please join us again soon!

Reviewed 13 February 2012

Had a wonderful weekend at the Meritage Resort in Napa. The value for money is really good. Enjoyed the spa services. Loved the food! I´ll be interested to see the changes from this spring´s expansion project. Because we will definitely be returning.

1  Thank Carolynn C
Management response:Responded 9 July 2012

Thank you for your review! We are elated you enjoyed the spa services at The Meritage Resort and Spa. It is truly an asset to our resort! We look forward to seeing you again soon!

Reviewed 12 February 2012

Such a wonderful spot and so close to SF too. I took my wife to the Meritage Resort in January and we were so impressed by the level of service and follow-through that the Meritage management and staff showed during our stay.
I am a frequent traveller and rarely do I get the level of service shown by the staff and management of Meritage.

Room Tip: Try their cappucino
  • Stayed: January 2012, travelled as a couple
1  Thank mike f
Management response:Responded 9 July 2012

Thank you for your review! We are thrilled to hear an experienced traveler raving about The Meritage Resort and Spa, and we hope to see you again soon!