“Once in a LIFETIME Experience!”

Napa Valley Balloons, Inc.
Ranked #1 of 30 Outdoor Activities in Napa
More attraction details
Owner description: Come join us for an exhilarating sunrise balloon flight over the beautiful Napa Valley. Enjoy a scenic and memorable flight with one of our experienced pilots and join us in celebration at our post flight champagne breakfast. Napa's Premier Hot Air Balloon Company with over thirty-five years of safety and excellence - Featured on Oprah! and Today - The Balloon Company Trusted to fly Chelsea Clinton - Comfortable State of the art Aircraft - No hidden fees.
Useful Information: Activities for older children
Reviewed 19 December 2006

If you ever get the chance to go up in a hot air balloon over Napa Valley then GO. I went in late June a few years ago and I absolutely LOVED it. We had to be there by 5:30 AM and we had the most beautiful sunny morning that you could ever imagine for it. The instructors show you how to get in the basket of course and they give you instructions even when you're actually up in the air and on the go. It's exhilerating and quite breathtaking once it gets moving and you start floating up, up up and away over those stunning vineyards. All the other air ballooners are with you along the way too in the morning and you can't believe you're floating right by them all when you are! It's totally amazing to experience this thrill of a ride, and I'm not kidding you about it either. We actually saw a bobcat in the vineyards racing through, it was as clear as a bell and we were floating right above it, I can't tell you how awesome that was, you'd have to see it to believe it I suppose because I certainly couldn't believe my eyes! We really lucked out because we went with one of the owners of the hot air balloon company who knew exactly, exactly what he was doing and talked all the way and told us all kinds of neat stories along the way and pointed out SO SO much for us to see and to capture with our cameras. It was truly wonderful. I would highly recommend going up in a hot air balloon any day, but I think you should go in nice sunny weather when it's sort of guaranteed. If you don't want to go alone, then call me I'll fly out there to go with you any time! Like I said before to you, it's a once in a lifetime experience and to look back and remember it all and to capture it all on film? It's just awesome. It'll always be one cherished memory for me, let me tell you and I don't know HOW HOW any one can complain about this wonderfully uplifting morning riding over Napa Valley in a hot air balloon, it's absolutely wonderful and I'm not even describing all of it because you can't describe it all unless you were there with me to witness it all. I don't care how much $$$ I paid either, it truly was worth every single penny I paid AND then some! I think you really have to wait for nice weather though to really really enjoy it, I mean it really should be on a nice sunny morning when you consider this. I had a feeling that late June would be really breathtaking with the sun out all the time and it really was a perfect time of year to experience this wonderful little excursion up in the air! My digital camera worked amazing from here and it captured it all quite nice and when you show people from New England all the pictures of Napa Valley? They can't believe how gorgeous it was from that angle in the sky! I'd do this little "jaunt" again in a heart beat if I were in Napa Valley some day SOON! In fact, may be I'll go back out again really soon just to experience it all again. That's really how much I enjoyed it. To top it off? I was in a basket with all these couples and you think I cared? Course NOT, I jumped right in that basket and enjoyed the wonderful ride just as much as the lovebirds smooching away all around me! I was too busy taking pictures and listening to my handsome California Tour Guide telling me all about lovely Napa Valley, too busy, too busy to notice and I didn't even think about it all until afterwards when it was all over that's how awesome this ride is!
Here's a few shots of it here....ENJOY!

2  Thank NoMo01
in 21 reviews
"afraid of heights"
in 38 reviews

Reviewed 14 June 2006

Having never taken a hot air balloon ride, we were excited to go. After arriving at the meeting site at the local golf club at 5:30 am in a drizzling rain, we were advised that the weather would not allow us to launch in Yountville, but that we would be taken to the alternate launch site. We were driven an hour away where we enjoyed the balloon, but the scenery was that of rice paddies and not of the vineyards. Considering to the beauty of the Napa Valley, we did not feel we got our money's worth (over $200 per passenger) as Napa Valley Balloons had advertised rides over Napa Valley and we should have received a partial refund because of the change, but Napa Valley Balloons stubbornly refused. If you go, wait for the weather to allow the ride over Napa, and perhaps you should consider another more understanding balloon company, as there are many.

10  Thank ATravelingVirginian
Reviewed 5 June 2006

Wow! We had a beautiful balloon ride with Napa Valley Balloons. The staff was fun and entertaining. The pilot was experienced, knowledgeable and made sure to explain everything that was going on.

Of course, we were very lucky that the weather was spectacular...allowing for an event better experiience and breathtaking photos. Its funny because there are many other companies with balloon companies, but we were the first up in air. The other companies were still preparing while we were watching the sunrise.

It was truly one of the most memorable experiences of my life and DEFINETLY the highlight of our Napa trip.

Thank C.A.P.
Reviewed 19 April 2006

Our group of four made reservations with this particular hot air balloon company months in advance for an Easter Sunday morning flight. Three days out, with poor weather predicted, we tried to move our reservation to any one of several other days. The company rep flat out denied our request. They had our credit card information but refused to cancel or to reschedule. (Other balloon companies do not have this "no date change" policy.) With heavy rain predicted for the next morning, we called at 9:00 the night before to see if we could cancel the flight and avoid having to set our alarm for an early wake up. Again, we were denied and told we had to call at 4:45 AM the next morning. When we made that VERY EARLY morning call, guess what? Our balloon flight was cancelled due to the poor weather! Basically, this company locked us out of a long awaited ballooning experience due to their unreasonable "no rescheduling" policy. There are several hot air balloon companies in the area. Check them out before making the same mistake we made.

22  Thank Rehsom
See more reviews
Reviewed 22 March 2006

I booked the flight for my girlfriend as a surprise and was lucky enough to convince her to get up at 5:30 am to do something she didn't know anything about. Needless to say she was pleasantly surprised. We were also surprised and fortunate to have a beautiful sunny day for our ride. We traveled from Yountville past Napa with great views of the surrounding area. Our pilot was informative and made the trip interesting.

Two other couples joined us on the trip and had not been as fortunate on the previous day's excursions. The prior two days had been cancelled do to weather. Prior to booking my reservation for the balloon ride I read all of the reviews on tripadvisor. I was apprehensive about the trip because of all the bad experiences with weather problems. After our spectacular balloon ride we had breakfast with the other passengers, the pilot, and the owner. During breakfast we talked about all the weather issues and came to understand that the pilots and owner experienced more incovenience because of weather than any of the passengers. Bad weather can ruin any vacation but the balloon ride and my girlfriend's smile was worth the gamble.

3  Thank Chef Chu