“New friends”

Price range: US$ 10 - US$ 15
Cuisines: American, Barbecue, Wine Bar
Good for: Local cuisine, Bar Scene
Dining options: After-hours, Dinner, Lunch
Description: Our Wine & Whisky Bar, Smokin' BBQ & Retail Shop is located in the Heart of Downtown Napa. With an astounding lineup of over 400 highly allocated wines on the shelves available to take home tonight or have shipped home to enjoy later and 40 wines available by-the-glass, you can scan the 18 page wine list on any given day to find a snapshot of truly great wines from around the world. We recently added over 20 of the rarest and finest whiskies to our tasting menu, tasting flights available.Guinness on tap and artisan beers. BBQ served til 12am on weekends.
Reviewed 9 October 2017 via mobile

Some new friends I had helped out while visiting Napa invited me to dinner to try out this BBQ restaurant and wine bar. This is the reward for doing a good deed, a good meal and new friends.

The restaurant was not too far from where I was staying and it was on the busy 1st Street in downtown Napa. We got a table pretty quickly though parking can be a little difficult. The tables were small tall round tables with high chairs. There were other tables and outside seating but the wind was blowing pretty hard.

We started with the olive and cheese plate appetizers. I am not crazy about olives but the cheese plate was excellent with 4 different cheeses and thinly sliced baguette. I ordered a small glass of an Italian wine from Tuscan and a French white wine which were both excellent.

For our entree we ordered the bbq platter which had ribs, brisket, pulled pork and cole slaw. It came with 3 bbq sauces, one sweet, one tangy and one spicy. All I can say is it was all good. Problem was the table was too small and one had to be careful navigating the various dishes.

Service was prompt, attentive and courteous. I could not find fault with it until I smelled a strong cigarette odor from one of the servers. The prices seem reasonable for Napa. I will come back should the occasion present itself.

Turn Your Opinions into Points!
Turn your opinions into JPMiles
Turn your opinions into PAYBACK Points
*You can enroll in only one programme at a time to earn rewards for reviews.

Reviewed 5 October 2017 via mobile

Stopped here for a glass of wine. It’s a really cool bar and the bartender was very friendly and helpful. Would recommend this bar if your looking to stop somewhere for a drink.

Reviewed 2 October 2017 via mobile

The chicken and ribs were great. Very casual yet with a touch or class. Food was all very good and plentiful. Drinks cold and perfect. Great place for lunch or dinner or just to hang out.

Reviewed 2 October 2017 via mobile

Yeah I do like smokey bbq's and could not resist going and it was a good choice - good value. Hade olives for starters and they were tasty and a whole bunch - take it to share. For meal - the ribs... half rack was a good size for one. Welldone and rich in flavor. Not the best I have had but good value! The wines were all good :)

Reviewed 28 September 2017

We spent a week In Napa as part of a two-week trip in California and Oregon and while we had nothing but pleasurable dining experiences, Bounty Hunter was the only restaurant revisited. It is that good.