“Nice Walk to Great Meal!”
Review of Napa Valley Bistro

Napa Valley Bistro
Reserve with OpenTable
Napa Valley Bistro is not available for your requested time. Choose another time, or search restaurants with availability.
The time you selected has already passed.
Ranked #19 of 315 Restaurants in Napa
Price range: US$ 12 - US$ 30
Cuisines: American
Good for: Groups
Dining options: Dinner, Breakfast, Lunch, Reservations
Dining style: Casual Dining
Cross street: Main Street
Description: At Napa Valley Bistro we strive to meet your needs by offering great food and service while promoting our basic beliefs: local, sustainable, organic... AND AFFORDABLE! Our food is elevated bistro-style American cuisine, and our wine list compliments our menu by focusing on Napa Valley vintners.
Reviewed 17 October 2017 via mobile

We walked about 20 minutes to downtown Napa from our bed and breakfast. The restaurant is located in a building which you can easily walk the river walk beside stores and other restaurants. The front entry feels like an outdoor patio. We were seated further in which was a restaurant proper. Our server was very pleasant and answered all our questions when we were ordering. We had ordered fried chicken, lamb, and summer vegetable risotto. The food was delicious and all at the right temperature. We ordered wine by the glass and enjoyed coffee after the meal. If we are e er in the area, we would definitely return here.

Management response:Responded 26 October 2017

Thank you for your feedback. We're so happy that it sounds like you enjoyed the true Napa Valley Bistro experience! We'll look forward to seeing you upon your return to Napa.

Reviewed 2 October 2017

My brother was feeling quite fancy for his 21st birthday and decided to pick this restaurant. It is conveniently nestled near downtown Napa (less than 10 minutes away) and has plenty of parking.

The waiter was able to accommodate us immediately, even though our party of 7 arrived about 30 minutes early. Took 1 hour and 45 minutes to drive down from San Jose!

The group downed some oysters prior to the meal. Unfortunately, my boyfriends oysters were not shucked completed so for him, he had an interesting experience.

My order was delicious! I had the blue tortilla crusted Alaskan Halibut and it was paired with corn and shiitake succotash. The fish was tender and not overcooked. I could care less for the tortilla coating as it easily fell off and I felt like it did not compliment the fish. The shiitake mushrooms were to die for, very flavorful and I got a good amount in my plate. I feel the restaurant could better pair this fish in a light seasoned shiitake broth vs. the succotash I had; felt like I was eating corn and green beans for days. Paired this dish with a nice Sparkling, Brut Prestige, Mumm, Napa Valley.

I usually do not give in to desert but since this was a birthday, had to take one for the team. Got a fudge cake with ice cream. I have had lava cakes in the past and from my experience, they're usually dry but the ice cream masks the dryness. This one was complete opposite and I can appreciate how gooey and delicate it was! The chocolate drizzle definitely was the cherry on top. This is a must try! Paired this with a nice Robert Mondavi Moscato d’Oro, Napa Valley 2014.

The only critique for this restaurant is that the Lunch menu does not provide a lot of lunch options. It would be nice to have more entree plates. Would definitely recommend for families!

Reviewed 1 October 2017

Not sure why the rating on this restaurant isn't higher as the quality of food is excellent and the prices were reasonable given its Napa Valley location. I had the flat iron steak which was very tender and the vegetables were fresh and tasty. Our food arrived quickly and we were done our dinner in 45 minutes which was not expected. I think the waiter wanted to get our order in before two large groups that arrived around the time we did. The only downfall to the restaurant would be the acoustics, which provided for a noisy dinner, especially when there are large groups.

1  Thank jimhK8033QI
Management response:Responded 26 October 2017

Thanks so much for taking the time to share your experience. We're so glad you enjoyed your time with us! We appreciate the note about the acoustics. We hope to see you again!

Reviewed 26 September 2017 via mobile

First evening in Napa and our B & B had this restaurant on their list of restaurants. Good choice and our table was ready a few minutes early. The menu had excellent variety and the waitress was informative and prepared to offer suggestions. I had the rack of lamb that was not on the menu but had been part of a special offering. Delicious. My wife enjoyed the chicken and our friends were very satisfied with their selections. Of course, the wine list was extensive and we settled for a Sauvignon at $40 a bottle. Very nice.
All around good restaurant and we would not hesitate to return.

Management response:Responded 28 September 2017

Thanks so much for your feedback. This is the quality experience we strive for, and we're so glad both you and your wife enjoyed your time with us. We hope you enjoyed your entire stay in Napa, and we'll look forward to seeing you again!

Reviewed 22 September 2017

Very nice little restaurant near downtown Napa. Been there several times and it is always good. Nice wine selection. Small bar is available. Parking is a problem with construction going on across the street. The food is very good and represents a local eatery in the Napa Valley.