“Dinner with a vjrw”
Review of Brix

Brix
Reserve with OpenTable
Brix is not available for your requested time. Choose another time, or search restaurants with availability.
The time you selected has already passed.
Ranked #30 of 315 Restaurants in Napa
Price range: US$ 30 - US$ 60
Good for: Special Occasion Dining, Groups, Local cuisine, Romantic, Business meetings
Dining options: After-hours, Lunch, Dinner, Breakfast, Reservations
Dining style: Casual Elegant
Cross street: 1 mile north of Madison St
Description: Located in the heart of Napa Valley and 1 Mile North of Yountville on Highway 29. Take a walk around the grounds or through the vineyard after your meal. You are sure to fall in love with our property. We have 25 raised beds of herbs and vegetables that supply our kitchen on a daily basis so take a minute to stroll around and see what is ready to be harvested! If you are celebrating a Birthday, Anniversary, or other special occasion, please note that we appreciate your choosing Brix for these events and we also have many private dining spaces that you may want to explore. In addition we also produce a highly rated Cabernet Sauvignon under our label, Kelleher Family Vineyard with the grapes grown right here on our property in Oakville.
Reviewed 5 October 2017 via mobile

Not my first time at Brix, but I guess that says a lot coming back. Beautiful views of the garden with comfortable seating in the back. Servers were again very nice. Really enjoyed the crab fondue appetizer. Love the bread and oil/pesto table starter. My lamb burger was okay. The flat bread was definitely tasty. Thank you again, Brix.

Valerie H, Manager at Brix, responded to this reviewResponded 6 October 2017

It was terrific to have you back and to hear our service and views were as great as you remembered. I'm glad the crab fondue appetizer is a favorite, and I appreciate the feedback about your burger. Looking forward to seeing you again the next time you're in the area.

All the best,

Reviewed 3 October 2017

We have been Brix guests many times. The food and service are good and the views in the back are outstanding. So, a "good" option with nice atmosphere in the back. My last TWO visits were bad and awful. Both visit involved poor interactions with the restaurant staff and the manager. In the hospitality business it's alway best to do what you can to resolve issues like not being able to maintain your reservation. In the last visit rather than trying to maintain this time honored standard, the manager began with "I don't mean to be rude but......". We left. With so many outstanding food options in the Napa, Yountville, St Helena area I'm not going back to this customer service wreck.

Valerie H, Manager at Brix, responded to this reviewResponded 4 October 2017

Ed, I'm very disappointed to hear we let down a regular guest. I assure you, we do always try to resolve anything that comes up so we can give our customers the great meal they came for. We're very sorry that we couldn't maintain your reservation, but we did do our best. As for the response you received, I will be talking to the team about this. I hope you'll change your mind and give us another opportunity to show you the kind of hospitality we really stand for.

Reviewed 25 September 2017 via mobile

We came here for large dinner after a wedding, and I was very impressed with the setup and scenery. The food was average - it's always hard to judge restaurants for their performance for a large party - and it seemed like the dishes weren't equally distributed amongst the tables, despite the staff being insanely present. To that last point, i would say my only criticism of the restaurant was that the waitstaff seemed hurried and detached - I was continuously interrupted from listening to speeches because a waitress would ask about my wine glass (not empty) or want to reach in front of me to put something on / take something off the tables. Although this is to be expected with a large group, it seemed extremely frequent and quite annoying. I would love to come back for a smaller meal, but until then!

Reviewed 22 September 2017 via mobile

This was our first stop after we got into Napa from the airport. I ordered the French dip sandwitch, nice soft toasted bread, needed more meat, though quite tasty, they were a full house . Service was attentive and quick . Wife ordered the salmon which was also good. Prices were resonable for Napa.

Valerie H, Manager at Brix, responded to this reviewResponded 26 September 2017

Brian, we're so happy to have given you a good first impression of Napa. It's great to hear you enjoyed our food and that our servers took good care of you. If you make it back our way, we'd love a chance to serve you another delicious meal and earn those last two stars.

Enjoy the rest of your trip,

Reviewed 21 September 2017 via mobile

We came here for a lunch and wine tasting and it was awesome. The proprietor hosted us outside overlooking the vineyard. The food and pairings were awesome, and she did a great job describing everything and giving the background.

Valerie H, Owner at Brix, responded to this reviewResponded 23 September 2017

I'm glad you stopped by, and thank you so much for sharing this wonderful review. It was wonderful to meet you all and I hope that you had a good time at the football game!

Happy travels,