“Nice Get Away Place” 4 of 5 bubbles

Ranked #5 of 30 Hotels in Napa
Novi, Michigan
“Nice Get Away Place”
4 of 5 bubbles Reviewed 28 August 2012

We stayed this hotel as part of our honeymoom trip in Napa. This is a cottage style, so our bedroom is facing to a tiny yard (or patio). I saw people make comments about the yard was very small, which is ture. But you do get your privacy. The bedroom and the bathroom seems to be the similar size. I do hope the room is a little bigger. Since the fireplace, bed, and the desk are squeezed into one room, the bathroom seems to be bigger than it needs to be.

They have heated floor in the bathroom. Even in August, it is still nice to have in the early morning. The bed is very comfortable and clean. And the surrouding environment is very romantic.

• Stayed August 2012, travelled as a couple
    • 4 of 5 bubbles
Turn Your Opinions into Points!
Turn your opinions into JPMiles
Turn your opinions into PAYBACK Points
*You can enroll in only one programme at a time to earn rewards for reviews.
JPMiles / Payback Arrow
JPMiles / PAYBACK

Traveller tips help you choose the right room.   Room tips (164)
Knoxville, Tennessee
5 of 5 bubbles Reviewed 25 August 2012

We were at this property in July for two nights & absolutely loved it! It was a very different style than what I've stayed in. Adorable cottages with front poches & rocking chairs with courtyards that had recycled fountains & beautiful flowers everywhere. We had a Premier Garden Cottage which was extremely spacious, gorgeous private patio with chase lounges, dining table & alfresco shower. Lot's of flowers too here too. The bathroom had heated, slate floors & was huge. A large soaking tub & seperate shower. There was also a fireplace & sitting area in the cottage.
The property is beautiful....so much so that we spent one entire day just lounging by the pool. The pool area overlooks the vineyards & distant mountains & is a fun place to relax, get pampered, & make new friends. The watermelon mojito by the pool is fantastic as was the outdoor dining.
I really enjoyed the spa services. It was hard to select just a few services as they all sounded wonderful. But I selected the 90 minutes warm goat milk massage & the sonoma goat milk body wrap. Both were fantastic! I defintely recommend the spa.
The resort had a very romantic feel to it. There was a great deal of privacy & beautiful places to sit & watch the sunset.
The service everywhere from the bellman, concierge, to waitstaff was all fantastic. We appreciated this great service very much & can't wait to visit again!

• Stayed July 2012, travelled as a couple
Chicago
4 of 5 bubbles Reviewed 25 August 2012

My husband and I travelled to the Caneros Inn for our first wedding anniversary. The Caneros Inn was recommended to us by good friends. I was not impressed with the check-in process. We ended up waiting three hours for our room and when we got to it there were two double beds. I originally booked the hotel room through American Express Platinum services and did not realize I had not booked a king room so completely my mistake. We had no problems paying for the upgrade, but the front desk was not overly friendly about accommodating us. I had told the front desk staff that we were celebrating our first wedding anniversary, and there was no "happy anniversary", or we "we hope you enjoy your anniversary stay" as one would expect.

The grounds are beautiful, the hilltop pool fantastic. For those who are workout fanatics the facility is very nice, numerous Precor Treadmills, and new equipment. There were children playing on the equipment during my workout which was not ideal. The rooms are small but very well decorated. The outdoor shower is nice, and the bed is very comfortable.

The service at the restaurants was good, but not great. On our final night there we were enjoying cocktails and food outside of the Farm with friends. We asked our server to call a cab for our friends and she told us she couldn't do it, which baffles me.

Finally, my husband scheduled a Spa service for Sunday at 10:00 and they somehow "lost" or rescheduled his appointment for 11:15. He took the appointment time but we had to rush to make it to the airport.

When you spend 600+ dollars a night on a resort you expect excellent service as we both have received at various resorts all over the world. The Caneros Inn did not deliver for us. We stayed at a B&B for our first two nights in Napa for a third of the cost and received better service. Because of the grounds I feel compelled to give a very good rating, but if I were just rating on service it would be average at best.

• Stayed August 2012, travelled as a couple
Westport, Connecticut
4 of 5 bubbles Reviewed 20 August 2012

Nicely arranged resort with kids and adult pool setups, resort guest only dining area and gated entrances. Good for the family or adults only. Extremely close proximity to Marin County and SF, then to downtown Napa and Yountville. We've normally stayed in St Helena and North in prior trips but really appreciated being south as all of our trips to the restaurants were inside of 20 minutes, and avoided all the traffic north of there with people hitting all the wineries. We liked the layout of the 2 bedroom connected units with great heated outdoor areas that included a fireplace, and hot tub. The full kitchen, living/dining room and bathrooms were all well sized and appointed.

• Stayed August 2012, travelled with family
LA
3 of 5 bubbles Reviewed 19 August 2012

I had dinner atThe Farm Restaurant a few years ago and always wanted to go back to The Inn and try it overnight. I finally did. I booked the Harvest Cottage, which was the largest room, under a suite. Boy was it small. Nowhere for two bags to be opened up and placed on a rack. I put my bag on a rack outside on the patio. No staff ever mentioned it or asked it they could help find room for it. The room was just really small. The staff overall was friendly, but not very "on it". I had to ask for more coffee each time I wanted it at the restaurant at breakfast and then wait for it more than a few minutes. Oh, and my glass of champagne I ordered at breakfast....delivered halfway through the meal. The next day the same item on the menu was served in a different way from room service. The staff at the pool was unsure whether they had the wine on the menu available, etc. etc. Not a great staff. Not a real positive attitude about customer service. Just not great. Waited to check in. Got called about someone else's spa appointments, etc. etc. And when I called the reception to check out and mentioned it was not a very good experience, no one said anything like "I am sorry - we wish you had had a better experirence" or anything like that. There was great outdoor space so maybe this is bettter for a group visit. I know this review is very differernt than many for this property, but I am a very regular business and leisure traveller and this place was just not special. The bed was very good and the sheets, duvet, etc. too.

Room Tip: if you want a room with enough space for a few suitcases try somewhere else. The only rooms with an...