All reviews clean pool place to stay microwave and fridge visiting wineries would definitely stay here again close to downtown ashtrays valley roomy
Reviewed 7 September 2018

I asked for a quiet room, and they placed us upstairs at the end of the walkway. We had a nice view of the huge Oleander bushes by the back parking lot. The room was nice and clean, and had a microwave and refrigerator. Coffee is provided in the office.

• Stayed: September 2018, travelled with family
GuestXperienceTeam, Guest Relations Manager at Motel 6 Napa, responded to this reviewResponded 4 weeks ago

We greatly appreciate your feedback on your recent stay - thank you for taking the time to leave your comments. We are happy that you enjoyed your stay, and we hope to be your hotel of choice for future visits here.

Reviewed 4 September 2018 via mobile

After a great day of wine tasting with friends we stayed at this Motel 6, thinking it was going to be somewhat ok, given its location in Napa. We were so wrong. After checking in we went to our rooms. I went to the bathroom and literally had a black bug jump on the toilet seat. I found the bug, which looked like a flea. I tried to give the motel the benefit of the doubt and looked for signs of other bugs. I didn’t see any after that. Our friends next door had cockroaches run across the floor a couple of times during the night. My husband and I tried to sleep but that was far from what the person upstairs had in mind. We tried going to bed around 10:30 but there was a lot of foot stomping around, loud voices, and phone calls. Finally at 12:15 we went to the front desk and the gentleman said he would contact the people in the room. Then said if they don’t quiet down to let him know and he will call the manager, then police to have them removed if they continued. At 2:15 we went back to the front desk and the gentleman said he had called he room but they said they were sleeping. I asked him to go listen to them instead of calling. We thought the room number was different than what it was. He heard the noise, knocked a few times, took them a bit to get to the door, and he asked them to quiet down. The front desk man then called my friend next door instead of our room and woke them up. When he called our room he said to let him know if it continues, he offered us another room, which we were not willing to do. We didn’t want to discover what bugs were in another room, secondly, why should we have to move when we clearly were not the problem. At 3:45 we had enough, went back to the front desk and I told him this was ridiculous and that we were leaving and wanted a full refund. As we stood outside our door three girls came down from the room, all wearing backpacks and smoking. Then a man followed about 10 minutes later. Given this scenario it wasn’t hard to figure out what they were doing. We have a pretty good guess that they were doing some sort of drug activity. The man got into a car to follow the girls yelling after them and drove over curbing as he went after them. We left the Motel after all of this. After returning home I contacted the manager and she said they would do a 25.00 courtesy credit. I’m not thinking that is going to quite make up for this horrible night. She referred us to booking.com as it was booked third party. At this point I am disputing the charge. After the bugs I came home and washed everything in hot, and left the suitcases in the garage in case something tagged along with us. Had a fantastic weekend other than this eventful evening I wouldn’t wish on anyone else.

Stayed: September 2018, travelled with friends
GuestXperienceTeam, Guest Relations Manager at Motel 6 Napa, responded to this reviewResponded 6 September 2018

Thank you for your comprehensive review detailing your recent stay with us. We are very disappointed to learn of your experience at our hotel, and we apologize for the many issues that you encountered. We have reviewed all of your comments as a management team, and each department head will formulate a plan to ensure that the risk of such issues occurring again are minimized. We apologize sincerely for not providing you with a better stay.

Reviewed 3 September 2018 via mobile

If I could give zero stars I would. Putting aside the cockroaches scurrying across the floor, I felt unsafe here. There were unsavory people going in and out of the room above us all night. Smoking, drinking and doing drugs. The night manager was unable to control this activity and we left at 4am. And the general manager of the hotel wouldn’t even give us a refund. We mistakenly thought a motel 6 in Napa would be ok, but that was our first and last time at a motel 6. I most definitely would not stay here with kids.

Stayed: September 2018, travelled as a couple

We are sorry that there were cockroaches in your room, and we apologize for the fact that they spoiled your stay to such an extent. We maintain a very high level of cleanliness, but even so, these pests can easily gain entry to a room, and are very difficult to fully eradicate, particularly in a climate such as ours. We have consulted with our pest-control partners, who have carried out a full review of our property, and have comprehensively dealt with the issue. We hope that you might return to stay with us again in the future, and that you will enjoy a better stay on your next visit.

Reviewed 27 July 2018

The room was clean, the bed was comfortable, and the shower was above average for mid-priced hotels.

A couple of caveats.

There are no thermostats in the rooms. Temperature is controlled from the front office and is by groups rooms. I damn near froze in July. The best solution they could come up with was to put a blanket over the vents.

The railroad tracks run right by the motel. Fine if you are rail-fan (I am) but it could be a problem for others.

By Napa standards this would be a mid-range price but it's still pricey.

• Stayed: July 2018, travelled on business
GuestXperienceTeam, Guest Relations Manager at Motel 6 Napa, responded to this reviewResponded 1 August 2018

Thank you for your detailed feedback which is likely to be very useful for anyone considering staying with us. We are pleased that your stay met your expectations, and that you had a good time during your visit. We must however apologize for the fact that you found your room to be cold. The room temperature, as you mention, is not individually controlled, but it is unusual for our guests to complain of cold rooms. We hope that you will have another opportunity to visit Napa and our hotel soon, and that you will have a warmer stay on your next visit.

Reviewed 26 July 2018

I had stayed the night before in an upscale motel which was a dump compared to this Motel 6. Friendly and helpful staff. Beautiful, clean pool. Very clean rooms. Older place with central AC. I love my AC cold and it was just fine for me. Location was easy to find and close to downtown area. The rooms are no smoking, but unfortunately they allow smoking and there are ashtrays just outside most rooms. Nothing fancy but I would stay there again next time I need a place to sleep in Napa.

• Stayed: July 2018, travelled with family
1  Thank Chloris B

Hi Chloris, Thank you for your kind review, which we greatly appreciate. We are very happy to know that you enjoyed all aspects of your stay with us, and that our hotel compares so well with others that you've stayed at locally. We are very pleased to note that you would choose to stay at our property again in the future. We hope to welcome you back before long.