My husband and I had a one night stay at 1801 First right before Thanksgiving. We'd purchased the stay through Jetsetter, and got a really good deal on our room. We originally booked one of the stand-alone rooms/cottages, and we were subsequently offered an upgrade to a suite in the main house, which we accepted. When we arrived in the afternoon, we were very impressed with the building - gorgeous Victorian in a nice neighborhood, but on a somewhat busy street. The entry and main floor public rooms were so lovely! The woman who checked us in was very nice, efficient, and offered us champagne before showing us to our room. The room, Amica Dolcetto, was cozy, immaculate and completely consistent with the photos we'd seen online. Big comfy bed, giant tub for two, nice amenities- it was definitely luxurious! Two things that surprised us, one major, one minor: first, the toilet in the bathroom was just out in the open, and not in a separate "water closet" and there's no door between the room and the bathroom - definitely not romantic! Second, and more minor, while the room has great skylights, my husband was a disappointed that there weren't any windows that you could actually look out of.
We had a great night's sleep, the busy street was not a bother at all. Breaksfast, which you schedule the evening before, was very nice- yummy little bakeds goods, coffee, juice, and our server was warm and friendly.
All in all, it was a very nice place to stay before the craziness of the long holiday weekend!
- Official Description (provided by the hotel):
- A family operated Inn that has changed the mindset of the traditional bed and breakfast. 1801 First has been branded as a landmark property according to The Napa Landmarks Association and continues to be the curb appeal Inn for all tourists and locals alike! We have owned this beauty for 3 1/2 years and have loved being apart of its rich history. A true luxury Inn with graceful rounded bay windows, courtyard gardens and romantic fireplaced lodgings adorn this historic and newly revitalized Queen Anne Victorian. Designed in 1903 by prominent Napa architect William Corlett, 1801 First has been meticulously transformed into an inviting chic retreat, blending its stunning classic architecture with sophisticated styling and decor. ... more less
- Reservation Options:
- TripAdvisor is proud to partner with Hotels.com and Expedia so you can book your 1801 First Luxury Inn reservations with confidence. We help millions of travellers each month to find the perfect hotel for both holiday and business trips, always with the best discounts and special offers.
- Also Known As:
- 1801 1st Luxury Inn
- 1801 First Luxury Hotel Napa
- 1801 First Luxury Inn Napa, CA - Napa Valley