“Charming & Cute! Includes wonderful breakfast AND evening cheese & wine!”
Review of SENZA Hotel

SENZA Hotel
Ranked #3 of 30 Hotels in Napa
Reviewed 20 February 2012

My husband and I stayed here a few weeks ago and were pleasantly surprised! I'd like to take credit for finding this place but a friend of ours actually suggested it. (He recommends it to all of his visitors.) :) First off, thank you for being so clean! I am a germaphobe and usually find myself tip toeing around everything but had no problem in our room or anywhere on the property for that matter. Secondly, the staff was so friendly! From the phone call when I placed my reservations, to the nice gentleman who checked us in (so sorry I forgot his name!), to the nice lady who greeted us at breakfast, and even to the nice email I came home to! They even arranged a last minute massage therapist to come in.(So nice by the way! i HIGHLY recommend it. They come to you!) They provide a complimentary breakfast in the morning, my husbands favorite was the oatmeal and cranberries, and also provide wine and cheese in the evening. This really is such a great value and a wonderful place to stay!

• Stayed: February 2012, travelled as a couple
1  Thank AudBrightnCheery17
LaResidenceNapa, General Manager at SENZA Hotel, responded to this reviewResponded 21 February 2012

Dear AudBrightnCheery17,

Thank you for taking the time to review your recent stay with us. I am happy that you enjoyed your time at La Residence and the services we offer.

It appears by your photograph that you had the perfect weather to enjoy not only our property but the valley and beyond.

I sincerely look forward to welcoming you back in the future when your schedule allows.

Once again, thank you for your feedback.

Graham

Turn Your Opinions into Points!
Turn your opinions into JPMiles
Turn your opinions into PAYBACK Points
*You can enroll in only one programme at a time to earn rewards for reviews.

Reviewed 12 February 2012

My significant other and I stayed at this hotel a few weeks ago and I must say it was one of the most serene get-a-ways we've had in quite sometime. Our room was cozy and full of antiques, and the bed was amazing. Best night of sleep I've had in a longtime. I loved that the hot tub is open year round, as most places close theirs down in the winter. The staff are all warm and welcoming and were always attentive. The breakfast they serve in the mornings was scrumptious and I'd give the coffee and hot oatmeal 5 stars! We didn't attend the evening wine and cheese hour as we arrived late, but I would have to say our overall experience with La Residence and their staff was definitely 5 Stars!
We will be returning guests for sure ... Maybe even make it our anniversary destination. I did see that they have wedding packages so that might be in the cards in the future too!!

• Stayed: January 2012, travelled as a couple
LaResidenceNapa, General Manager at SENZA Hotel, responded to this reviewResponded 13 February 2012

Dear Christy N,

Thank you for taking the time to review your recent stay us at La Reisdence. I am happy to hear that you had a memorable time with us and we appreciate your feedback.

Please do not hesitate to contact us when your anniversary comes around as we would love to be able to repeat your experience once more and who knows, it may even turn into a honeymoon stay too!!!

Once again, thank you for your comments and time taken to give us feedback.

We look forward to seeing you soon.

Reviewed 31 January 2012

My wife and I decided to spend the weekend in Napa and wanted a quiet and peaceful B&B for some R&R. Tis was the first time we stayed at the La Residence and will not be the last. We booked the cottage suite which had a separate living room where we could relax after a day of wine tasting. The grounds were beautiful and the complimentary breakfast and evening wine tasting was excellent.

1  Thank Elliot F
LaResidenceNapa, General Manager at SENZA Hotel, responded to this reviewResponded 1 February 2012

Dear Elliot F,

Thank you for reviewing your recent stay with us here at La Residence. I am glad that you found the R&R you were looking for in your weekend away.

I am pleased to hear that you enjoyed the breakfast and wine hour as these are excellent opportunities to meet and mingle with other guests that are staying with us.

I look forward to welcoming you back when your schedule and travel plans allow and will be sure to have the cottage suite ready and waiting.

Reviewed 30 January 2012

This is a wonderful place to stay. Great rooms, location, breakfast, and afternoon wine and cheese.

• Stayed: August 2011, travelled as a couple

Dear Dr_Randy,

Thank you for taking the time to review your stay with us at La Residence. We are glad that you enjoyed your time with us.

I hope we get the chance to welcome you back when your travels bring you back to the Napa Valley.

Reviewed 29 January 2012

Overall, we had a pleasant experience, but there were a lot of missed details that could have given them a five star rating. When we first arrived the room smelled of creosol from the fireplace. We were told that this is normal with fireplaces. It is not normal, but come to find out the damper was left open the smell got better as the days went on, but never went away. Also, fake/chemical infused logs to burn. No thank you. For breakfast, the coffee was not very hot and there was only "fake" cream (liquid creamora) or flavored cream. Yuk! On several days the pastries were stale, but the fresh fruit salad was solo good (highlight) that it made up for the pastries. The room was very clean, with the exception of the carpet which was kind of dirty. The bathroom was spotless, however, the faucets were not well suited for the sinks and water got everywhere when you washed your hands(watch out for your toiletries) and the shower was very awkward to turn on as you and to climb in to turn it on because the glass partition was fixed. Also the sheets were of good quality and the bed was very comfortable.

Dear Annie L,

Thank you for taking the time to review your recent stay with us here at La Residence, we appreciate your comments greatly.

Please rest assured that I will be reviewing with staff the ways to eliminate the areas you note that detracted from making your stay more enjoyable.

With our fireplaces being more active on the winter months, it is a challenge to totally eliminate any residual odor from burning, however, we will be looking into ways to improve.

I was disappointed to read that our artisan pastries which are baked and delivered daily appeared stale, along with the note that the cream used (which is real) did not meet expectations, as this is not what we want our guests to experience. Once again I will be reviewing with the vendor.

We are continually striving to improve everything we do at La Residence and your comments offer a great insight in allowing us to focus on the details.

Once again, i truly appreciate your time in reviewing your stay with us and hope that should you return to the Napa Valley in the future, that you may give us another opportunity to serve you.

Graham

Also consider these accommodations in or near Napa
5.8 km away
6.8 km away
Hotel Yountville
Hotel Yountville
#2 of 6 in Yountville

Been to SENZA Hotel? Share your experiences!

Turn Your Opinions into Points!
Turn your opinions into JPMiles
Turn your opinions into PAYBACK Points
*You can enroll in only one programme at a time to earn rewards for reviews.
JPMiles / PAYBACK