1,503 results
All reviews oxbow market spg platinum bank restaurant full kitchen one bedroom suite wine tasting model bakery valet staff walking distance to oxbow the wine train station beautiful hotel upgraded to a suite an upgrade dining table wine country downtown area silverado trail
Reviewed 17 October 2016

So I consider myself a very picky when it comes to hotels because I'm in them all the time all over the world. We had a business meeting here for about 30 on my team. I didn't expect much since it was a business meeting but it was just lovely and I would definitely go back there on vacation. The rooms are wonderful. I believe I stayed in a deluxe. The heavenly beds are always heavenly but these rooms have a small kitchen area which was a pleasant surprise. Now this may sound silly but I was so excited that there were actually 6 creamers with the coffee pot. I have yet to find a hotel that does that! Thank you!! The hotel grounds are beautiful and the staff is excellent. We had our meetings in a typical meeting room but you walk out and you are in a gorgeous courtyard where they served all our meals. It's great to be able to enjoy the outdoors and weather when you are in a meeting all day. The food was actually some of the best I've ever had at a business meeting like that. They also have wine tastings every day in the lobby. We also at at the restaurant there and the food was excellent. So thumbs up all on everything!

• Stayed: October 2016, travelled on business
WestinNapa_CA, Manager at The Westin Verasa Napa, responded to this reviewResponded 22 October 2016

Hello Terri G,

It's not often that we get to hear from our meeting attendees and I would like to thank you for taking the time to provide a little feedback about your overall experience. I would agree that meetings in Napa, especially at our property, are a little bit of work and a little bit of pleasure. We do our best to ensure that all of our guest's are able to get a some enjoyment while staying with us, even if they're in meetings all day. Whether it's from the food, the ambiance of the courtyard or the time spent away from the property, we try to make sure we take everything to the next level.

We'll look forward to welcoming you back to the property and that your travels bring you for a return visit sooner than later.

Rooms DIvision Manager

Reviewed 12 October 2016

I can honestly say, hands down, that this was THE best hotel both my husband and I have ever stayed at. From the very beginning, the Versa made us feel welcome with their incredible service across the board. Not only did they give us a complementary upgrade for our honeymoon, but there was champagne and a (handwritten!) note waiting for us upon our arrival.

Aside from the stellar rooms, the location was absolutely perfect. We could walk to breakfast, lunch, and dinner from the hotel every day, I went for several runs around the area, and we were able to rent and ride bikes for a 20 mile cruise around Napa and Yountville.

Everything about our visit was peaceful, calming, and serene. There isn't much more you could ask for from a resort. Our only negative was that we could not stay longer!

• Stayed: September 2016, travelled as a couple

Hello lindseycamerota,

All I can say is WOW! This sounds like an amazing honeymoon and I'm so honored that our team was able to create such a memorable experience. We love to hear when our guest's are able to take full advantage of the hotel, the area and all the things there are to do around Napa. This sounds like a perfect trip and I want to thank you again for taking the time to share it with all of our Trip Advisor readers.

Congratulations, one more time, from all of us here in Napa and we'll hope to see you back again next time your travels bring you to the area.

Reviewed 12 October 2016

This Westin is centrally located in Napa, where many other hotels in the area are not actually located in the city. We were a quick drive to the 500+ wineries nearby. The Westin management accommodated us and was very friendly. The room was was great, very clean, we were facing the pool area but it wasnt noisy since it was cold and nobody was using the pool and hottub. The restaurant bar was pricey, but the food was excellent. The property itself is right on the river with a sidewalk running along next to it and easily accessible from the hotel pool area. Hotels here are very pricey comparatively to other cities, including this one.

• Stayed: October 2016, travelled as a couple

Hello Jessica M,

Thank you so much for taking the time to provide us a great review and we love to hear that you had such a wonderful experience. It's amazing to think that there is more than 500 wineries within minutes of the hotel but it's true. Between the Napa Valley and the entire Sonoma Valley there are actually close to 1000 different bonded wineries.

We also love to hear that you were able to enjoy our restaurants. All the food comes from La Toque's Michelin starred kitchen which makes for a very special experience.

Thank you again and we'll hope to see you back sooner than later.

Reviewed 9 October 2016

My spouse and I stayed here on a short trip to Napa on our way out to Yosemite. We looked at staying at some other boutique hotels, but for $600-800/night, we couldn't justify the expense for such a short time. Instead we used SPG points to book the Westin Verasa and think it's the best use of points we've ever used!

After driving through a not-so-nice section of Napa to get to the hotel, I was concerned that the location wouldn't be all that good, but I was very wrong. The hotel backs up to a creek in a valley and a beautiful walking trail that goes through downtown and is walkable to the wine train as well as many restaurants and shops downtown. It was a perfect location for everything we wanted to explore.

The hotel has a gorgeous lobby where a free wine tasting is held from 5-7 each evening. Upon check in, we were greeted by the very friendly Taylor, who checked us in early and upgraded our room to a suite overlooking the pool without us even asking. What a wonderful surprise, thanks Taylor! The heated saltwater pool and hot tub were welcoming after a long day of traveling. The room had a little kitchenette which would have been great for snacking on wine and cheese if we'd had the time!

The hotel had a boutique feel and fantastic service and location, all for a great price or points usage. I would not hesitate to stay here again in an instant. Thanks for starting off our trip on the right foot!

Room Tip: Book a suite overlooking the pool
  • Stayed: September 2016, travelled as a couple
1  Thank Kels2003
WestinNapa_CA, Manager at The Westin Verasa Napa, responded to this reviewResponded 21 October 2016

Hello Kels2003,

Thank you so much for the amazing review and for sharing your experience with all of our Trip Advisor readers. We love to hear about experiences like yours and I would agree that your use of points was perfect. I will be passing along your feedback to Taylor and the rest of the team and thank him for a job well done.

I too love the walkability of the property and everything you can do with in a 15 minute walk. There's every option of food, wine and great little shops.

Thank you again for sharing and we'll hope to see you back again soon.

Reviewed 8 October 2016 via mobile

I will preface this review by saying I am a very regular reviewer on Trip Advisor and faithfully read the reviews of others prior to booking ANY hotel.

PROS:

An excellent location in Napa; easy to find from the Oakland Airport and great access to downtown Napa shops, restaurants, etc. the property is nicely situated on the Napa River in a lush, well treed area with the rolling hills of surrounding countryside as a backdrop. Our check-in was early and efficient by a gentleman who shared he was fairly new...TAN. He was gracious and polite; allowing us to relax by the pool until our room was ready. After listening to the sounds of heavy construction next door, we requested the opposite side of the hotel to be spared the noise. He was very accommodating and upgraded us to a 1 BDR suite. The room was very spacious with a full "mini" kitchen, lounging area, large bathroom and king size bedroom. The bathroom had lots of counter space, plenty of hooks and a separate tub and shower. The water was hot and no "scald" issues with heavy AM use. The king size bed was comfy but not quite the Westin heavenly bed. Linens and towels of higher quality. Closet was small with an in-room safe.

The property in general is a bit dated and in need of some fresh paint, decorating, wallpaper and carpet, but it did leave you feeling generally comfortable; like a well used living room. The pool (heated salt water) and outside dining, lounging areas are nice...again both could use some updating. Fresh fruited ice water was generally available although several times it was empty, no cups were available and used pool towels were overflowing the bin.

The bar/lounge/restaurant area were all combined right off the lobby. Service was generally ok; sometimes slow from what appeared to be understaffing. Food was pretty good with a few exceptions like the crispy Brussels sprouts...OUTSTANDING.

Concierge Rayanne was wonderful!! Professional, courteous and knowledgeable!!

SPG and Marriott rewards have merged which was great news for us as we are regular Marriott travelers.

CONS:

No gift shop. There was a very very tiny spot by the front desk, otherwise you need to go elsewhere.

I came in from the pool and inquired as to whether there is bar service to the pool area. The male bartender said, "well you just missed our high season and we're discontinuing our outside pool service for the season". Really??? There were 10 people sitting out there-a missed opportunity! So I placed my order at the bar and inquired if he could bring it out...he said, "I will bring it out of the kitchen and give it to you here...then you can take it out." One of the other waitresses heard this and came right over to say she would bring it to me. She was wonderful (long brown hair)...professional, gracious and efficient! Consequently once she came out with my order, everyone else wanted to place orders. Also, apparently no blender here so can't do smoothies or drinks that would require a blender. Point made.

The maid service was SLOW...first day our room was cleaned at 5:30. Second day no shampoo replaced...had to call EXPRESS SERVICE from the room and 15 mins later flagged a guy down in the hall carrying towels; he finally supplied the shampoo.

First day concierge had no clue when we asked where the river walk area was..."oh that's way up the river". Walking into Napa we realized it was out the hotel and a few blocks to the left.

In summary, this would likely not be a place we would choose again. We were here for a business conference so it was very convenient. When we look for a hotel, regardless of the name or chain, I always take the time to read the reviews to avoid situations like we experienced. For the traveler that doesn't mind a few misses...this would still be a positive choice for them.

RECOMMENDATIONS:

Ask for a high floor; great view of the countryside at back of hotel. Be aware of ongoing construction next door...

Stayed: October 2016, travelled on business
2  Thank MimiStarr
WestinNapa_CA, Manager at The Westin Verasa Napa, responded to this reviewResponded 15 October 2016

Hello MimiStarr,

Thank you so much for your review and it really means a lot to hear from such a well versed traveler and Trip Advisor reviewer. I want to ensure you that we take all of our reviews very seriously and we appreciate you taking the time to share all aspects of your stay.

I will make sure that our front office, food and beverage and housekeeping teams all have the opportunity to read your review and I know it wasn't a perfect stay but I look forward to having the opportunity to welcome you back, hopefully sooner than later.