“Great food and a great selection of beers”

Alchemy Market and Cafe
Ranked #2 of 41 Restaurants in Murphys
Price range: US$ 16 - US$ 25
Cuisines: American
Dining options: Dinner, Reservations
Dining options: Dinner, Reservations
Foster City, California
“Great food and a great selection of beers”
Reviewed 21 February 2012

I came here with some friends over Presidents Day weekend. They have an amazing selection of hard to find beers that my husband was excited about, and I was able to find a wonderful organic hard apple cider that I hope I can find closer to home as well!

The food was also great. I had the meatloaf - not something I would normally have ordered but the description sounded so good that I had to try it. The flavor lived up to the description - it was the best meatloaf my husband and I had ever tasted. My husband ordered the ribeye and he thoroughly enjoyed this as well. By the time desert menus came my husband and I were too full to order anything (the portions are large), but the other couple that we were with ordered desert. I had a bite of the bread pudding because it looked amazing, and it really was. It was some of the best bread pudding I have ever had and the next time we are here I'll remember to take half of my dinner home so I can have room for dessert! Oh, and we also had the nachos for an appetizer and they were great! Literally the best nachos we had ever tasted!

Visited February 2012
1 Thank SCUAmanda
Turn Your Opinions into Points!
Turn your opinions into JPMiles
Turn your opinions into PAYBACK Points
*You can enroll in only one programme at a time to earn rewards for reviews.
JPMiles / Payback Arrow
JPMiles / PAYBACK

fresno, california
“Always a great meal!”
Reviewed 12 February 2012

I've enjoyed lunch twice here. The soups and salads are wonderful and the Gold Nugget bread is TO DIE FOR!! Really nice atmosphere, great service and a perfect after dinner spot also!

Visited February 2012
Napa, California
“great service, beer and wine”
Reviewed 30 January 2012

great food, service and artisan beer when your in the mood for something other than wine.

Visited January 2012
Brentwood, California
“Enjoyed Friday night dinner and music”
Reviewed 6 January 2012

Alchemy Restaurant was a wonderful experience on a summer Friday night--besides great food for dinner, most Fridays, Matt Cullen and a guitarist perform jazz and pop songs for your enjoyment. My husband had the meatloaf, which he said was the best restaurant meatloaf he's had. I enjoyed the salmon special that night. We sat at the one of the outdoor tables along Main Street, could hear the music fine, but missed seeing the performers. Next time, we'll make a reservation for a table near the musicians.
We'll be back for sure.

• Visited July 2011
Arizona
“Great Food & Service!”
Reviewed 28 November 2011

Very good cuisine and the interior reminded us of a restaurant in Los Olivos. My dinner was a delicious petrale sole with lemon caper sauce and others in our party had salmon, rib-eye steak and a special recipe meatloaf. We were most impressed by the tasty vegetables, unlike the usual "steamed broccoli, carrots and cauliflower", our plate held a wonderful arrray of roasted parsnips, brussel sprouts and carrots. When we first sat down our server brought the most delicious warm french bread spread with a carrot and pesto type butter. Another notable mention is that our bottle of wine that we brought from our favorite winery, Twisted Oak, did not require a corkage fee. We definitely will return to this well run restaurant with a most creative menu when we return to the gold rush country again.

Visited November 2011