“Nice Ambiance”

Cuisines: Bar
Good for: Romantic
Dining options: Breakfast, After-hours, Reservations
Reviewed 14 July 2017

I was in San Fran with friends and we decided to dine at The Pelican Inn after one of my friends explained the historical heritage associated with this restaurant. With evening rush hour, it took us a good 2 Hrs to get to the restaurant, just before the kitchen closed. The drive to the restaurant seemed like the Road To Hana, for those of you who have driven to Hana in Maui, HI. In any case, The Pelican is very home from the outside and extremely welcoming inside - it's like you are at home with the old wood furnishings. Since we were in a rush to order before closing, I didn't get to poke around that much. The waitresses were very friendly, yet professional. I started out with the Half Dozen Miyagi Oysters - never had oysters before, now I am becoming a fan. My main dish was the Beef Wellington - I did not like the breading on the filet. Once the breading was off, the filet was tasteless. My friends loved their selections, however. I really like The Pelican. Wish I had more time to evaluate the restaurant. I'd recommend to try and make your own conclusion. However, if I'm back in the area, it #1 on my list.

Reviewed 9 July 2017

The Pelican Inn, a 17th century British pub moved and rebuilt on the edge of Muir Woods. Good cider by the half mug, a ploughman's lunch of cheese, bread, chutney and greens, real fish and chips and good bangers and mash. Pleasant covered patio.

Reviewed 3 July 2017

On our travels to Muir Beach we found this inn and restaurant. Nestled in on highway 1. If you fancy English Pubs and English Inns, you may use this one to check off your list. As a amateur photographer, I have included a few of the gems that I found.

Reviewed 26 June 2017 via mobile

We stopped for lunch after hiking in Muir Woods. It is definitely a place to add to your "must visit" list when traveling to this area. After several disappointing meals in Bodega Bay, this wonderful pub restored our opinion of restaurants in Central California. The Shepard's Pie and English Dip Sandwich were favorites.

1  Thank dawnk988
Reviewed 19 June 2017

Relax in the lovely porch area with a glass of wine after a morning at Muir Beach.
Fish and chips average, Guinness stew looked good.
Bar person a bit busy but handled it. Ordered at bar and they brought our to table. Bar area cozy.
Free parking with handicap accessible.