Free cancellation until 04/08
US$ 223
US$ 201
US$ 192
Savings alert! 11% below average rates

The price you found is 11% lower than this hotel's average rate of US$ 216/night.

US$ 302
Cavallo Point(Sausalito)
US$ 489
US$ 461
Savings alert! 25% below average rates

The price you found is 25% lower than this hotel's average rate of US$ 613/night.

US$ 242
US$ 204
Marin Suites Hotel(Corte Madera)
US$ 219
US$ 185
Official Website
All reviewsfish and chipsmuir woodsstewnearby trailsenclosed areaolde worldewell worth the waitbangers and mashglass of winegood nights sleepspent one nightromantic getawayhotel guestsunique experiencebeef wellingtonenglish pubsan francisco
Reviewed 13 July 2017

I was in San Fran with friends and we decided to dine at The Pelican Inn after one of my friends explained the historical heritage associated with this restaurant. With evening rush hour, it took us a good 2 Hrs to get to the restaurant, just before the kitchen closed. The drive to the restaurant seemed like the Road To Hana, for those of you who have driven to Hana in Maui, HI. In any case, The Pelican is very home from the outside and extremely welcoming inside - it's like you are at home with the old wood furnishings. Since we were in a rush to order before closing, I didn't get to poke around that much. The waitresses were very friendly, yet professional. I started out with the Half Dozen Miyagi Oysters - never had oysters before, now I am becoming a fan. My main dish was the Beef Wellington - I did not like the breading on the filet. Once the breading was off, the filet was tasteless. My friends loved their selections, however. I really like The Pelican. Wish I had more time to evaluate the restaurant. I'd recommend to try and make your own conclusion. However, if I'm back in the area, it #1 on my list.

• Stayed: July 2017, travelled with friends
Reviewed 10 July 2017

We arrived last Friday for a long awaited weekend at the Pelican Inn. At check-in, we were told that their records indicated that we had cancelled our reservation. We hadn't. We did inquire in early June about changing dates, but when we found out that the new date would be at a higher rate of $375 plus tax, so we decided to keep the reservation as is. We had already prepaid $331.41 including taxes for the first of two nights. The person we had spoken with on the phone in June is currently on a leave of absence, but her notes didn't indicate that we confirmed to keep our dates. Our reservation was in some type of limbo. When I got home today, I checked my phone records to make sure that I had in fact called back to confirm and I had.
It was 5:00PM when we arrived. Fortunately our room was available for the first night of our reservation, but we were told we had to move out in the AM as the Inn was fully booked for Saturday night. The same company/family also owns the Mountain Home Inn. We asked if they could move us over there. Later, at dinner, the hostess confirmed that there was one room available at the Mountain Home Inn, but that we would have to pay their higher rate of $380 plus tax.
We felt that since the hotel cancelled our reservation in error that they should have made some type of accommodation for us. I had prepaid for the first night of the reservation at the Pelican Inn when I booked back in January. They still had the money.

We felt that the right thing to do would be to move us over to their sister property without an extra charge. They made no such offer.

To add insult to injury, while the front desk gal was trying to work things out, she offered us a complimentary drink at the bar. We are a couple, but they only gave us only ONE glass of wine for me and charged us for my husband's glass. Seriously? Most professional establishments would have at least given us dinner, a dessert or maybe even two glasses of wine. We chose not to ruin our weekend by making a scene.

We stayed the one night and checked out in the AM. I was not offered a receipt at checkout, but i requested one. As we were driving home, we realized that they had applied the new higher rate to our bill. When you make a reservation and prepay for the room, it doesn't seem right for the establishment to implement a rate increase and expect you to pay it.

All that being said, the place is really cute and the food was excellent. The staff was very friendly, but they just missed the mark as far as making us feel like we were valued by the way they handled the erroneous cancellation. We waited for several years to take this trip and were really sad to have it cut short without much concern from the staff. There was very little concern for the fact that they had messed up our weekend. After returning home we also read a ton of other reviews from travelers who experienced very poor service and comments about poor management. I don't see one response from the hotel.

Stayed: July 2017
2  Thank Debbie M
Management response:Responded 23 August 2017

Let me start by apologizing for our lack of communication and organization. Our front desk manager is out on maternity leave and she has not been available to us to help clear up some of these snafus and some of our new front desk staffers are still a little green. There was a note in our system instructing us to revise your reservation down to one day, although it sounds to me (after some investigation) that you called to see if the change could be made, but did not confirm any changes in the end. I apologize for the confusion, but without our lead front desk agent to guide us, we were doing what the note instructed.

I am surprised that you were not offered a room at the Mountain Home Inn, our sister property. That is usually a solution that our front desk opts for first when mistakes like these are made. Like I said, some of our front desk staff are still new and encountering situations like these for the first time, and may not have known that a solution like MHI was an option.

I assure you we aim to provide excellent customer service at all times and hope that we might have the chance to make amends in the future.

Reviewed 13 April 2017

Visiting with friends, we stopped here for lunch before heading to Muir Beach. Great English fair; I had the English Dip sandwich; Ate outside in an enclosed area, very nice. Our waitress was very friendly and helpful.

• Stayed: April 2017, travelled with friends
1  Thank YearRounder04609
Reviewed 10 April 2017 via mobile

We made the mistake of trying to get a drink on a Sunday. One person serving behind the so called bar and a queue of 10-15 people where each order was taking 3-5 minutes. I'm sorry but any decent pub would have 3 or 4 people serving and you'd never have a queue like that. Ridiculous service. We left and will never come back.

Stayed: April 2017, travelled as a couple
2  Thank georgegibbs
Management response:Responded 23 August 2017

I am truly sorry that you happened upon us when so many people were enjoying our fare and ambiance, and that your wait was longer than you would have liked. If the sun is shining, the Pelican is packed from open to close and Sundays are by far our busiest days. If you desire a more personal experience and less waiting with us or any popular establishment, we encourage visiting on a Monday or Tuesday.

Reviewed 4 April 2017 via mobile

This place has a lovely selection of beer, alcoholic and non alcoholic drinks and decent bar food. On a nice day one can sit on the grass and be served outside picnic style. Portions are fairly large, service is a bit slow.

Stayed: April 2017, travelled with friends