“Huge Burritos with Huge quality”
Review of La Costena

La Costena
Ranked #72 of 352 Restaurants in Mountain View
Price range: US$ 1 - US$ 20
Cuisines: Mexican
Description: At La Costeña, we serve authentic Mexican fare using the freshest ingredients and no lard. Our burritos come with your choice of our four styles of chicken, pork, and beef, your choice of black, refried, or regular beans, and rice. Next time you're in the mood for an authentic, Mexican burrito, visit La Costeña.
Reviewed 18 June 2018

I was a bit hesitant as many places that serve large qty servings tend to sacrifice in quality. Not this place, not for a second, not at all. I've been here a couple of times and brought friends to enjoy the food and it has always been a big hit. The serving size is obviously very large, and the quality of the food is top notch.

Reviewed 4 May 2017

We used to frequent this restaurant for take out when it was located in another part of Mountain View. Then it moved a few years ago and we forgot about it. We just rediscovered it and like getting food from here for take-out. The restaurant itself does not have much ambience, but it does have spacious tables if you wish to eat there.

We usually order the Mountain View Vegetarian Burrito (can be customized in terms of the beans, the type of rice, how much sour cream, the type of salsa) with grilled vegatables, and the kids like the chico burrito (the serving sizes are large so even a chico can fill up a kid) and the quesadillas.

Reviewed 14 April 2017

This place is excellent for that burrito lover in you. Its kind of a hole in the wall place but the food is really well prepared! I go for a regular burrito and a drink about once a week since I work nearby and its always excellent. The food also comes out very quickly and is always prepared the same excellent way. Really appreciate the speedy service. If you're in Mountain View or nearby, give it a try.

Reviewed 4 January 2017

I used to love La Costena when it was off Rengstoff Ave. I have tried the new place several times. I used to like being able to pick exactly what went in the burritos and see them make the burritos as you went down the counter. The last time I went in to the new location, they made several of the burritos wrong. You cannot see them make the burritos. They were still good, but it feels more like a chain now. I wish they would pay more attention to the orders. This could be a great place again.

1  Thank DJ B
Reviewed 25 August 2016 via mobile

Wanted some quick Mexican food. They have three sizes of Burrito, regular, large and new born baby size. They have a good selection of meat, type of beans, Spanish rice and all the items you would ever want to add to a burrito. So you decide what is included in your burrito, some cost you more like sour cream and guacamole. I choose Carne asada, refried beans, Spanish rice, hot salsa, sour cream and guacamole. The burrito is served wrapped in aluminum foil to keep it warm and allow you to eat without everything falling apart. Service is fast and burrito was good and filling, the salsa was a little hotter than I typically like it, but I will know better next time and choose the medium salsa. I will be back again to try their other creations.