“You gotta do shabu ”

Ranked #84 of 360 Restaurants in Mountain View
Price range: US$ 10 - US$ 15
Cuisines: Japanese
Reviewed 5 March 2018 via mobile

Always a wait of at least 20 min at this popular Castro street local. Fun community meal at a decent price point.

Reviewed 14 February 2018 via mobile

Great meat sliced just right to cook quickly in the broth. Making this at home with the quality of the meat they have will actually be more expensive and definitely more mess to clean up. Love the sesame dipping sauce.

Reviewed 24 November 2017 via mobile

Wonderful meal with family or friends. We had a great time with wonderful hot broth, good spice or not, veggies and yummy kole beef. Must return soon.

Reviewed 30 May 2017

I was extremely disappointed by this restaurant. I have been to Japan more than 20 times, mostly for business. I have eaten shabu-shabu many times in rather dingy places but they all served good food. We have made shabu-shabu several times at our home.
With this in mind I visited this restaurant. I first looked at the menu: it offered many "broths" such as an Indian-like flavor; a hot-like flavor and several more "exotic broths. None of these "broths are served in Japan.
I had to ask for a seaweed soup base and the waiter tired to convince me that it had no flavor. They also offer pork, again not the Japanese way.
As appetizer we had pot stickers (Gyoza). I had expected decent pot stickers but no we got the cheapest possible frozen stuff that then was over cooked. We did not even finish our meals; we left the rest for the pigs.

Reviewed 4 February 2017

Great shabu shabu with a lot of package choices including different broths. Great setup where 2 people can have separate broths.