All reviews first floor palo alto concert accommodations refrigerator
Reviewed 12 May 2016

Great area for food, hotels, and access to college and San Francisco. i would recommend this hotel for the convenience, nice kitchenette, gym facility and refrigerator, service and comfortable beds. Enjoy your stay

Review collected in partnership with Best Western
bestwestern5355, General Manager at Mountain View Inn, responded to this reviewResponded 17 May 2016

Dear Elizabeth D,

Thank you for completing the survey regarding your recent stay at our property.

If I can be of assistance in the future, please don't hesitate to contact me at 650-962-9912.

Luiz Lapido
BEST WESTERN PLUS Mountain View Inn

Reviewed 11 May 2016 via mobile

I'm not a posh traveler. Let's just get that out-of-the-way. I am more than all right with your average Joe accommodations but this place just had so many faults that I can't help but call them out.

The rates for most hotels in Mountain View are absurd to begin with so you need to temper your expectations. For over $200 US a night, you would expect something nice but the price of admission is only the first insult at this place.

The room smell was an allergy-inducing musty, if there had been a flood or something and the place never dried out. The furniture had a dull, drab feel to it that makes you want to turn the superwhite energy efficient bulbs off.

The area of the hotel is located in is not great for anything walking distance. Access to any of the rooms is through outside so you have to lug suitcases up and down stairs and strange people tend to make noises outside the hotel at night, which is a little discomforting, even for an adult male. Suffice to say, I didn't feel safe and during the four days I stayed here, slept with one eye open every night.

I have stayed at many Best Westerns over the years and there are some things that they all do right, such as the complementary breakfast which has a reasonable variety of choices.

Still, for this amount of money, even in this area, you can do better. The place is in desperate need of an update so look elsewhere.

Trip type: Travelled on business

Dear DJKham,

Thank you for completing the survey regarding your recent stay at our property.

If I can provide any assistance, please don't hesitate to contact me directly at 650-962-9912.

Luiz Lapido
BEST WESTERN PLUS Mountain View Inn

Reviewed 15 April 2016

This is a fantastic location. Hard working and caring staff. During my week stay, I was able to enjoy a great night sleep due to the comfortable beds and quiet property. The room was spotless.The breakfast was delicious, hot, and very fulfilling. There was plenty of crispy bacon, eggs, potatoes, bread, bagels, and waffles.

I'm looking forward to staying here for next couple of weeks.

Special thanks to Luiz, Guadalupe, Teresa y Laura for being very accommodating to my work schedule.

Room tip: All rooms are quiet
Reviewed 12 April 2016

The kids wanted to go swimming when it was 90 degrees outside and they couldn't because the pool was being maintenance for our whole stay of one wee. The breakfast was good but there was no variety. Scrambled eggs, sausage, bacon, pastries bagels, Belgian waffles, fruit. There was no toaster to make toast for 3 days of our stay. because it was broken.

• Trip type: Travelled with family
Reviewed 3 April 2016

This is a basic hotel with everything you need for your stay, and the location can't be beat. Clean, comfortable, basic TV, WiFi, breakfast, small fridge and very courteous and helpful staff. They're not offering fancier stuff; but then again, they don't charge you for those things. It's a great hotel at a great location for a great value. I travel here two times per month, and use them on every trip.