“Great place for a heart healthy lunch or dinner”
Review of Oren's Hummus Shop

Oren's Hummus Shop
Ranked #2 of 337 Restaurants in Mountain View
Cuisines: Mediterranean, Middle Eastern, Israeli
Reviewed 25 October 2016

Oren's often has a line out the door during peak hours, but they're pretty fast with their service so it's worth the wait.

My favorite here is their meat kabab/skewer with choice of two sides. I often try to be gluten free to help my friends with food allergies and they have a GF option of veggies instead of their pitas to go with the hummus.

If you're there with two or more people definitely can an order of hummus entree. I like the one topped with ground beef. It's a lot so hummus so be prepared.

Reviewed 25 September 2016 via mobile

We wanted some light food and for sure a good salad, so we decided to go to this restaurant. Outside everything was occupied so we had to sit inside. It's very noisy when there are a lot of people, music is not my choice and then the bad acoustic makes it worse.

The food and service were nice, not over the top, but right for lunch.

Reviewed 24 September 2016 via mobile

Excellent EVERYTHING! We had:

Hummus Lamb Bowl
Chicken Pita Sandwich
Chunky Eggplant
Marinated Beets
House Lemonade

Wow! The hummus is so silky smooth and flavor incredible. We came to find out their garbanzos are imported from Israel.

The lamb and chicken were seriously cooked perfectly....again flavor and seasoning very good....our sides were equally incredible.

This is high noise kind of place. It's the Silicon Valley lunch crowd for sure. If you love new flavors and appreciate simple, excellent food-get this place on your list!

Reviewed 22 September 2016

Having visited Israel many times, I was quite excited to visit Oren's. My favorite dish is Masabaha, which they have on the menu. Although not as good as in the little Arab village where I first tried it, it was close enough. I would have hoped that there was a little more broth with the chickpeas. Sitting outside is pleasant and the food, while simple, is really enjoyable. The fresh bread topped things off perfectly. Definitely coming back, despite not being the best Israeli food I have had.

Reviewed 13 September 2016 via mobile

No frill Israelis food (middle eastern), simple straightforward delicious food. Like most everything we ate except the pita bread. It's too thick and almost raw for our taste. Been to both the locations many times, Palo Alto and Mountain View. Noisy but the food makes up for it. Not the kind of place you can sit and relax.

Mountain View location is little dirty in the back. Menu is also little confusing. We thought we were ordering one item but they brought us two separate items and we ate them without realising. When the bill came they had charged us for two. We spoke to the manger and explained what had happened and she was nice enough to adjust without any fuss. Which we thought was very nice of her.

I would recommend it to anyone.