“Good food not sure about service”

Maru Ichi Japanese Noodle House
Ranked #57 of 360 Restaurants in Mountain View
Cuisines: Japanese
Reviewed 11 July 2016 via mobile

We had lunch here on a Sunday. The restaurant was fully seated but not super busy. Rustic modern Japanese interior; some cute wait staff.

We had pork cutlet curry rice (great presentation also tasted good but curry was a bit lumpy), tonkatsu ramen (good al dente noodle, pork belly a bit too sweet for me, perhaps the soup needs something tart to offset it), fried chicken (excellent, light, crunchy & juicy), hot & cold sake.

My companions' food came before mine for a good 10 minutes. The server did not explain why the delay. I felt I was back in China again with the weird service queue. I had to rush to finish my food so we can catch our movie.

Reviewed 20 March 2016

I really enjoy the ability to get a ramen combo. I can always take the leftovers to-go for lunch the next day. They are a good value item, especially if ramen or just soup is not quite enough for you. If you have a party where everyone is not a ramen lover than there are other choices like udon, tempura soba, negitoro, and unagi.

Reviewed 10 March 2016

Best place in town to get some original ramen. Like in Japan, you can eat at the bar or choose a table.

Reviewed 25 January 2016

A bit crowded. Perfunctory service. No ambience. But plenty of good food. I had the soup combo. I ate my California rolls and potstickers in the restaurant and about half of my noodles... Stocked with bean sprouts, green onion, and sliced pork. Oh, and I asked for an extra egg. You should too. I had plenty to take home for another full meal. Delicious!

Reviewed 19 November 2015

We started our visit to the area with a wonderful dinner - ramen is fabulous and the prices are just right! Only drawback is that they are cash only - they do have an ATM.